Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Gordon "Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare" Fans?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Gordon "Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare" Fans?

I just found this show on BBC America, and if you can get past the fact that this celebrity chef knows very few adjectives that don't begin with the letter "F", you might find this show fascinating.

We talk alot in these forums about restaurant operations and food.

And even though these "restaurant makeovers" of a sort take place in the UK, they provide a lot of insight into the business.

I guess what they are showing now are repeats from last season leading up to a new show where Gordon opens up his own restaurant.

Anyone else seen this show? It's fascinating in some ways.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Any Gordon "Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare" Fans?

the show puts you right off eating out, i used to work as a chef in a pizza place, and the stories from the health inspectors was disturbing, put me right off the local chineese for a while.

we had gold rating btw!
    We Play Rock and Roll

Comment

Re: Any Gordon "Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare" Fans?

But the good news is, he shows them how to do it right!

Yes, some of the things they show here are not for the squeamish. But he shows how proper food handling and cleanliness are essential to public safety and a good bottom line too!

But if you've ever had any interest in the inner workings of a restaurant, especially the smaller type places, this is a very interesting view.

I think everyone might enjoy this show. But I would encourage anyone in restaurant management or working environment to watch.

And I can tell you that in all my years working in DL kitchens, we never had any problems even remotely approaching what I've seen on that show.

--Barry

J9000 - good for you on the gold rating!!!
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X