X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Beloved Disney Animated Feature Film

Based after an article I saw here,

I decided to start my own poll, what do you think is the most beloved Disney Feature Animated film?

(A Poll will be up momentarily )
    Snow White
    14.29%
    Pinocchio
    7.69%
    Bambi
    12.09%
    Sleeping Beauty
    12.09%
    Beauty and the Beast
    14.29%
    Cinderella
    8.79%
    Aladdin
    5.49%
    Lion King
    10.99%
    Dumbo
    7.69%
    Other
    6.59%

Re: The Most Beloved Disney Animated Feature Film

That's so tough, I have no idea, everyone has different favorites. I went with mine, Sleeping Beauty.

Comment

I'm going with my favorite, Beauty and the Beast.
      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I voted for Bambi & Dumbo. Thoses two I loved the most when I was a little girl.
        Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Has to be Dumbo - who can listen to an elephant singing "Baby Mine" without feeling something??

Comment

I had to vote all of them. Because each one has its own special attributes. Especially the older ones like Bambi. With the score and how it was laid out, they just don't make animated movies like that anymore.

Comment

I went with my favorite.
              Amanda
              Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

I can't watch Bambi, I cry like a baby. Same goes for Dumbo too...the water works overflow when "Baby Mine" is on the screen.

I went with Snow White...it was the first after all

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

Comment

i voted for cinderella. number one because it is one of my favorites, number two it was overseen by walt unlike some of the others on the list. To me that just makes the movie even more specail, that plus she has her own castle at wdw and her own restuarant!

Comment

Most Beloved Film - that was the kicker. I have a favorite, but I think beloved is different. I was going to say Beauty and the Beast - but it doesn't have the "time" element to be a classic yet. So, I went with Dumbo. It's just too cute.
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Well my most beloved isn't on the list... The Fox and the Hound.

Comment

Mine has always been Fantasia. Made decades before its time, it's visually stunning and emotionally powerful. The perfect blend of animation art and classical music.

The mouse ain't bad either.
                        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

For me it was paws down "The Lion King." I get choked up each time I hear James Earl Jones give that famous "Remember" speech from the sky.

...Joe...

Comment

It's gotta be the Oscar-winning Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for me. (After all, my all-time favorite Disney character is in my sig line)

Different generations have different tastes...for me, "beloved" belongs to films made in the Walt era.

Post-Walt, I love Beauty and the Beast, best.

--Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

The question is "What movie is the most beloved" ? and by that I am assuming you are asking which movie is the most beloved by the world as a whole. I would have to say Snow White. It was the first animated movie and was ground breaking. I think the company was smart enough to not try and make a sequel of it because it is so loved and a sequel no matter how well done would not compare to the original.
                              Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                              http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

For the most beloved I went for Bambi, because it seems everyone has a story about how they're affected by that movie. It's not my personal favorite because of "the scene", but it's a gorgeous film, especially artistically (coming from an artist).
                                My fav on that list is Cinderella though. If I could vote twice, that's my 2nd choice!

Comment

Originally posted by TanyAnnette View Post
                                  I can't watch Bambi, I cry like a baby. Same goes for Dumbo too...the water works overflow when "Baby Mine" is on the screen.

I went with Snow White...it was the first after all
                                  Funny how when we become adults we cry during children's movies. I saw Dumbo and Bambi a few times here and there when I was a child and nothing. But I see them now, at 23, and I get teary-eyed.

I think the most beloved too should be Snow White since it was the first but I honestly voted for my favorite, Sleeping Beauty.
                                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyFvr View Post
                                    The question is "What movie is the most beloved" ? and by that I am assuming you are asking which movie is the most beloved by the world as a whole. I would have to say Snow White. It was the first animated movie and was ground breaking. I think the company was smart enough to not try and make a sequel of it because it is so loved and a sequel no matter how well done would not compare to the original.
                                    Another question, and it's actually a trivia question, that could be asked, which of the "princess" movies has been done over and over again, or which one has more versions?

The answer: Cinderella, and above all, the most popular one is Disney's.

Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                                    Funny how when we become adults we cry during children's movies. I saw Dumbo and Bambi a few times here and there when I was a child and nothing. But I see them now, at 23, and I get teary-eyed.

I think the most beloved too should be Snow White since it was the first but I honestly voted for my favorite, Sleeping Beauty.

I think the reason for that is, as kids, we don't quite understand the overall telling of the story. To kids, it's almost like one long cartoon.

As adults, we're more mentally and emotionally matured. Our emotions have developed a lot more since our adolescent age and we allow ourselves to get more involved in the story and understand it more. Bambi's mom dying or Dumbo's mom being locked up and cradling her lil Dumbo in her trunk hits us a lot more because we "feel" the story and understand it better as adults. And some might even relate to it.

The kids that might cry to it, are either emotionally mature for their age and are acting like us adults when it comes to this, or they might be emotionally immature, and be what some might call "big babies," and don't know how to keep their emotions in check. When we do it as adults, does that mean we're "big babies?" Maybe, but that may not mean that. Another word for that kind of behavior in adults is compassion, and it means you're just a passionate person who is in touch with your emotions.

Sorry to get all "Dr. Phil" on you all. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :wave:

Comment

I went with Cinderella.

It's my favorite story, no matter its form (well, unless Hilary Duff is in it), and it's a movie that the entire family really enjoys, time after time. And to me, she's the ultimate princess.

Comment

Sleeping Beauty for me

But my top three favorites are Sleeping Beauty, ENG and Lilo & Stitch

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X