Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 lb girl devours worlds largest hamburger in under 3 hours- Foodmarket.com

From the 'Boy Am I Hungry' department....

January 17, 2005
    E-mail to a friend
    Teenager finishes world's largest burger
    115-pound girl eats 11-pound monster;
    Pub owner plans larger "Kate-burger"
    By Pete Cilento
    Foodmarket Newspetec@foodmarket.com
    See related Foodmarket storySee chart
    The achievement was "pretty incredible," said pub owner Denny Leigey, "considering all the people who have attempted it."
    "The skinny girls, they're just amazing at it," remarked Denny, referring to top American eater Sonya Thomas, and other slim women who've conquered lesser burgers.

Though she was overwhelmed with accolades and kudos after consuming the super-burger, Kate was afforded little respect before her attempt.

"When I first went in and kept saying I was going to do it, they'd smiled and be like 'oh yeah?'" Kate told Foodmarket.com.
    "Then, during the last 25 minutes -- crunch time -- I overheard Denny's son at the bar say 'she's not going to do it,' and 'I've seen this so many times,' but I just smiled," recalled Kate.
    "Little did he know he motivated me even more to do it," Kate spouted fiercely during our interview, emotionally back at the pub doing battle with the burger.

"I had no strategy," admits Kate. "None. I probably should have, but I just tried to eat as much as possible before I felt full."
    During the event, Kate did set time limits for herself.
    "I said to myself, I must be done with the meat in one hour, 45 minutes, so I'd have enough time for the condiments," said Kate.
    That strategy almost backfired, however, before she abandoned it midway through the meal. "You get sick of eating so much meat, only meat," she said. "I had to alternate."
    Waitress Kristy was at a similar loss when asked how Kate had achieved the virtually unachievable.

Kate herself admits she eats "maybe four times a day." She is known, however, as a big eater, by any measure. "My friends joke around, saying I have a fat kid living inside of me," said the slim student.

Kate told Foodmarket that she doesn't pay much attention to the rumors and unkind words scrawled on message boards around the Web.
    "I just shake it off," she said," because I don't really care what people say. I'm proud I
    did it, and I had fun."

"She had no outside assistance whatsoever," confirmed Denny. "She didn't even go to the restroom."

Denny told Foodmarket.com that he plans a special edition "Kateburger," which would be slightly larger than the burger Kate herself consumed. He also may introduce vegetable and turkey-based versions of the 96-ounce beast, with identical challenge and prize structures.
    Denny also attributes a revived interest in his giant burger to Kate's astounding feat, noting that her accomplishment "totally stirred up the food challengers around the world."

One can be certain that after attaining such a lofty status on Denny's wall, life for this young woman will never be the same.
    "How this burger had changed my life!" Kate exclaimed.
    The amount of attention astounded the once-shy, but now media-savvy university student. Kate has done interviews for newspapers, Web sites, radio stations, and television programs. Sponsors have even offered to give her all-expense-paid trips to various eating competitions with large cash prizes.
    The eating competitions "sound interesting," said Kate, though she said she probably would not take the sponsors up on their offers.
    "I don't think my parents would approve," she explained. "They didn't even want me to do this. I kind of snuck away for the day."
    She's also been flooded with phone calls, e-mails, and instant messages since word of her mega-meal spread this weekend. "It is unreal," explains Kate. "Every time I log on, there are so many messages. It is too funny."
    It's safe to say that this 11-pound burger has earned Kate a super-sized measure of fame for such a young woman. But it's fairer to say that Kate earned it herself. Though this burger has given Kate 15 minutes of fame, it's a safe bet it won't be her last time in the limelight.
    One thing the burger didn't change was the plethora of ideas this young student has for her future. "I have 100 different plans," Kate gushed. Though she is studying education, she also aspires to be a professional skydiver. She's already been on a few dives, though she says eating the burger was far more difficult.

Story can be found at http://www.foodmarket.com/news/2005011701.html
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: 115 lb girl devours worlds largest hamburger in under 3 hours- Foodmarket.com

Why did I read that after eating a big lunch? EEEEW.

That skinny girl must have had the biggest "food baby" after eating that.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
    sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Re: 115 lb girl devours worlds largest hamburger in under 3 hours- Foodmarket.com

only in america can you make news because you overstuffed yourself. hooray for being the most obese country in the world!!
      I don't party like I used to, I party twice as hard as before....

Comment

That's frightening.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

How come there is a never a contest for the most salad eaten?
          Amanda
          Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Yikes.
            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Enemas for everyone!!!!!!!!

Comment

January 17, 2005
                This is an old news story.

But still....wow.
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

That's just sick. Is she related to Morgan Spurlock in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by MandaBella View Post
                      How come there is a never a contest for the most salad eaten?
                      Because salad is for wusses.

Comment

Wow! I'm not quite 115, and half a turkey or veggie burger is my max. I could not imagine something that large. Forget it! I'll take the salad contest. I might have something of a shot at that one! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                          Why did I read that after eating a big lunch? EEEEW.

That skinny girl must have had the biggest "food baby" after eating that.

"Food baby".......:lol:....I have never ever heard that term!

I can't believe the girl was able to eat it all even in 3 hours time!!!

I bet she didn't want ground beef for a long time after that!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X