This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars ROTS - Movie

OK, I know that there has been a bunch of chatter about this big event...

But it occured to me that this is really an amazing oportunity... We already know what must happen in ROTS... But what amazes me is we are going to see it...

It is like the Greeks going to see the tragedy Oedipus... Everyone knows what will happen, but everyone goes because they want to see it happen.

It was just a thought that passed through my mind... along with the abundance of severed limbs in the series... I always wondered, does light saber wounds cauterize as you are inflicting them?

Ok, that classifies me as a geek... Do you have any thoughts as this movie approaches? Mystry questions about the series? What not? Have at it here...
    Check out my other blog:

I don't know what cauterize means but I'm guessing you mean why the wounds are sealed shut. I think one source said the sabers are so hot that they burn the wound closed. I almost don't want the movie to come out, when it does, it will be all over. / :o

Comment

yes they do remember episode one when Darth Maul is cut in half? The blood flies around him like dust- and you never see any bleeding.

So there's one answer for you.

I am wondering if Senator Amidala keeps her pregnancy a secret or not, as well as their marriage.
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Well, to answer your question about LightSabres cauterizing wounds. The answer to that is absolutely not.

2 examples I can think of.

Episode IV - A new hope (The original Star Wars)
        Luke and Obi-Wan are in the Cantina at Mos Eisley. That wierd guy starts harassing Luke. Obi-Wan get's in a confrontation and cuts the arm off. You can clearly see blood from the wound.

Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
        The most glaring use of grossness in the original Trilogy. Luke is freezing to death on the ice world Hoth. His friend Han Solo goes searching for him. Finds him. The only thing he can think to do to keep him warm is to stuff him inside a Taun Taun. He slices open the Taun Taun and the insides come out. Not Cauterized.

I'm a Star Wars geek. Can't wait for Ep. III, although it may be about a week after the date that I see it.

Edit: Ah, I see we are getting conflicting reports. Dramaqueen brings up a good point. The debate rages on!!!

In regards to DramaQueen's post:
        I think the Marriage will come out, the Pregnancy will as well, at least to Obi-Wan and Bail Organa. But not to Anakin. Obviously.

Comment

Anakin actually knows,
          Spoiler
          he has recurring dreams where she dies in childbirth, and this frightens him and helps lead him to the dark side.

She keeps it a secret from everyone else so that nobody will expell Ani from the Jedi order.

Comment

I've read a ton of reviews, and am actualy letting myself get excited about this one.

Rotten Tomatoes has it at 93% right now and that is, so far, one of the highest rated movies of the year. Many say it's better than Jedi, but not as good as Empire or New Hope. That is darn promising!!!
            "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
            Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

SPOILER-SPOILER-SPOILER----------------------
              -----------------------------------------------

BUT no one knows that it is twins until they are born. So Much for advanced science. And even though Ani-Vader puts the force choke on Padme' she lives only to die later of a broken heart. Speilberg Cried.

I know Lucas's Dominatrix, he has a thing for being tied up, kicked and spanked. (Hence, Bondage scenes with Leah and Padme) There is a line in the Movie that is a kind of "Hello" to her. When Ani puts his hand on Padme's stomach and a baby kicks, he says it must be a girl, it kicks so hard. When in Navato CA say hi to Mistress Oliva for me!
              DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I've been waiting for this movie since I was a little kid. The first time I heard Darth Vader say, "Luke, I am your father." you could have knocked me over with a feather! This was the greatest plot twist EVER to my 9 or 10 year old mind, and ever since then, I've been dying to know how he goes from Anakin to Vader. So I'm so excited to see this movie. SQUEE!
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I also noticed Darth Vader's managment style... It doesn't even have a name...

The Sith Mind Choke of Death?

I swear in Empire Strikes back, they almost ran out of actors to become commander of the fleet... Vader keeps killing them off one by one...

Perhaps he should have tried bonuses?
                  Check out my other blog:

Comment

management style = force choke.

me = geek.

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                      I also noticed Darth Vader's managment style... It doesn't even have a name...

The Sith Mind Choke of Death?

I swear in Empire Strikes back, they almost ran out of actors to become commander of the fleet... Vader keeps killing them off one by one...

Perhaps he should have tried bonuses?
                      I love that, I loved to guess who would be choked next when I watched the original trilogy when I was little.

Comment

he is a bad, bad man....kills them all...kids women, and even chokes his pregnant wife. Naughty Anikin. Should have been killed by Sebulba in the pod race.
                        DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

I noticed in ROTJ that Luke does the mind choke as well as he walks past two of Jabba's gaurds...
                          Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan
                            he is a bad, bad man....kills them all...kids women, and even chokes his pregnant wife. Naughty Anikin. Should have been killed by Sebulba in the pod race.
                            But he doesn't kill is son...

Even in the next three films Vader wants to kill the Emperor and force peace... Interesting...

Anikin, caught between good and evil...
                            Check out my other blog:

Comment

Nobody knows about Anakin's and Padme's Wedding except
                              Spoiler
                              Emperor Palpitine/Lord Sidious/Palpatine

and Anakin knows about the pregnancy but they tkink that there is only one.
                              And Anakin is NOT the Chosen One luke is because Qui-Gon saw blood in Anakin so yea.
                              Spoiler Time:
                              Spoiler
                              C-3PO gets his mind erased but R2 doesn't

Spoiler
                              There is a musical scene with Palpatine and Anakin are watching a Mon Calamarian sing.

I have more just PM me.

Comment

Okay, I might win the geek war with this one combining Star Wars AND Disney...I named the swans in Sleeping Beauty Castle moat Swanakin Skywalker and Padme Swanidala.

Yeah, I'm excited for this. The one thing I'm really interested to see is the gevernment on Alderaan. Is it a democratic monarchy like Naboo? Because, remember she is "Princess" Leia, which makes Bail king, right? Yay, for seeing Alderaan doing soemthing besides exploding!

Has anyone read the Entertainment Weekly article with all their spoilers? I don't know how to do the little spoiler box, but I'm itching to speculate on one specific battle concerning my favorite character from the whole series...grr my lack of techno saavy.
                                The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Did anyone catch the TRL at Skywalker Ranch? They showed a clip of some battle droids on Kasyyyk. Oh man, it was incredible. Wookies are dominant with those cross bows. We are not going to be dissapointed with this one. Too bad there's no more after this. Its bittersweet seeing all the tv ads and specials, that I'm so used to seeing every few years. This is it. No more after Weds.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Zissou
                                    Too bad there's no more after this. Its bittersweet seeing all the tv ads and specials, that I'm so used to seeing every few years. This is it. No more after Weds.
                                    That is what they said about ROTJ... I doubt it... I think eventually someone will make 7, 8, and 9.... It may or may not be Lucas that does it...

I personally think he should consider this...
                                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Yeah but if Lucas didn't do it, how good would it be? Ford, Fisher and Hamil are way too old now to make anything good out of it. And if it was about thier kids, I dunno how interesting it would be. Oh well. I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

Check this out:
                                        Star Wars Opener to cost Employers Millions
                                        Employers are expected to see a dramatic spike in absenteeism as workers play hooky to see "Star Wars: Episode III," when it opens May 19, according to a new report. That loss of productivity could cost employers as much as $627 million in the first two days that the picture.

I can think of a school that's losing about $2,000 that day.
                                        -Monorail Man

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X