CBS & Burnett set '07 Pirate reality-adv show...AARRRHHHHH!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALIASd
    Top Shelf!
    MiceChat News Team
    • Jun 2005

CBS & Burnett set '07 Pirate reality-adv show...AARRRHHHHH!

Pirates pegged for CBS

The buc stops at the Eye in '07

Burnett

Shiver me timbers: CBS and Mark Burnett are hitting the high seas, teaming up for a pirate-themed reality adventure skein.

Eye has greenlit production on approximately 13 episodes of the untitled project, which begins casting shortly with an eye on a summer 2007 premiere. Details of the project are being kept under wraps.

What is known is that the action in the skein will take place on both land and at sea, suggesting the presence of ships and islands as central characters in the unscripted drama.

It's also expected the skein will incorporate traditional reality elements such as competitions and elimination ceremonies. (Perhaps losers will have to walk the plank?)

However, one person familiar with the details of the skein cautions the show will not simply be "Survivor" at sea, and will vary from Burnett's original Eye skein in many ways.

A CBS rep confirmed the order and the pirate theme, but declined to discuss specifics. Burnett could not be reached for comment over the weekend.

Mark Burnett Prods. is wrapping up its AOL-based competition "Gold Rush" this week, while continuing a Web-based promotion for "Flushed Away."
    Company's slate also includes "Survivor," "The Apprentice," "The Contender," "Martha" and the upcoming Steven Spielberg collaboration "On the Lot."
    Eye has not yet announced whether Burnett's "Rock Star" will return for a third season.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006
  • WatchYourHeadNStep
    Banned User
    • Jul 2005

Re: CBS & Burnett set '07 Pirate reality-adv show...AARRRHHHHH!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Prepare to be "bore"ded!

Comment

• Aladdin
      Prince Ali
      • Jan 2005

Aw darn it! I was hoping Carol Burnett was involved!
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• DsnyFvr
        My laughing place
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
        Aw darn it! I was hoping Carol Burnett was involved!
        LOL !! I was trhinking the same thing when I saw the title of the thread )
        Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
        http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

• disneytim
          Thanking the Academy
          MiceChat News Team
          • Jul 2005

Kill me now.
          Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

• ALIASd
            Top Shelf!
            MiceChat News Team
            • Jun 2005

Casting Call for Mark Burnett's Pirates

Source: Mark Burnett Productions
            November 20, 2006

CBS and Mark Burnett Productions ("Survivor" and "Eco-Challenge") are looking for real people - adventurers - to compete on the ultimate pirate expedition reality series, "Pirates" (working title).

"Pirates" will enlist 16 contestants to set sail on the high seas and embark on expeditions that will take them through dense jungles, down precipitous voids, and across troubled rivers in search for hidden treasure. The series will span 14 episodes and conclude with the discovery of the final treasure from a prize pool worth one million dollars. Filming is set to begin in March 2007 and will continue for up to 40 days.

Applicants should be at least 21 years of age and must have a valid U.S. passport. For more information and to apply for "Pirates," visit CBS.com.

http://comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=17628
            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
              ...is fading out....
              • Jul 2006

Just for a laugh - when I initially read this really fast, I thought it read "Carol Burnett was going to do a Pirate Reality series in '07".

I wondered if Harvey Korman was going to star in it with her too!

Comment

• ALIASd
                Top Shelf!
                MiceChat News Team
                • Jun 2005

^Like everyone else above, I'd like to hear her Tarzan-yell on the island!

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                  ...is fading out....
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                  ^Like everyone else above, I'd like to hear her Tarzan-yell on the island!
                  :lol: :yea:

Comment

• Trac
                    my two sunshines
                    • Jan 2005

I'll probably watch it! dagarrrrrrnet! Okay how many grrrr words can we come up to describe this show!!!! (Think of Gar in Dodgeball! LOL)
                    Spell Binding Books
                    http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                    The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                    We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                    Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                    Contact us [email protected] for more details!

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                      ...is fading out....
                      • Jul 2006

If Carol Burnett was doing a pirate reality series - then I'd watch it because it was be total comedy!

Comment

• mousephreak23
                        Head Postmaster of Random
                        • Nov 2006

lol i dont think it will mkae air for more than 1 episode maybe 2 if people get curious ahah.... it would work if they did a cross between british parliment and pirates...then u got people screaming YARRRGHH everywhere and swords flying....thatd selll
                        "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
                        "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
                        "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Originally posted by Ride Warrior
                        I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money. :thumbup:
                        If you won the lottery what would you do?
                        Originally posted by Wally
                        Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X