X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energizer powers 'Cars' DVD promotion - PRNewswire 11/14/06

Energizer Brings the Magic of Disney-Pixar's Cars
    DVDs to Families Everywhere

Battery Maker Helps Cars Star Lightning McQueen Keep Going by Launching DVD Promotion and Racing-themed Event With the Energizer Bunny(R) for Children at Victory Junction Gang Camp

ST. LOUIS, Nov. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Much like the Energizer Bunny(R), Disney-Pixar's smash hit Cars keeps going and going -- first at the box office, grossing more than $240 million nationwide, and now, upon the recent release of the film on DVD as the #1 DVD in America. Energizer Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ENR) and Disney-Pixar have teamed up again to offer two new promotions in conjunction with the DVD release of the hit film.

When consumers purchase two multi-packs of Energizer(R) MAX(R) batteries (8-AA, 8-AAA, 2-9-Volt, 4-C, or 4-D), they will receive $3 off the Cars DVD. As an added incentive, people who purchase the DVD and three multi-packs of Energizer MAX batteries will get a one-of-a-kind, specially designed Cars DVD case while supplies last. The offer runs through December 31.

"We are extremely pleased to be continuing our partnership with Disney- Pixar, and to make this offer to families across the country," said Jeff Ziminski, vice president North American marketing for Energizer. "We know that both children and adults will want to watch this amazing film again and again, and it's just in time for family travel and gifts. This fun and cool DVD case will make it more convenient for them to bring Cars and some of their other favorite films along for the ride."

In the spirit of Cars' racing theme, Energizer is kicking off the promotion today at a special event in Charlotte, N.C. at the NASCAR SpeedPark. NASCAR's Reed Sorenson, driver of the #41 Target Dodge for Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, will arrive at the SpeedPark with the Energizer Bunny to make a special delivery of Cars DVDs to children from the Victory Junction Gang Camp. The racing-themed camp provides children with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses with exciting, fun and empowering activities in a safe environment.

Sorenson and some of the kids will take a few laps around the track, as the Energizer Bunny encourages them to keep going to the finish line. After the race, Sorenson and the Energizer Bunny will host a special DVD screening of the movie for the kids as they cheer for their favorite Cars characters.

To extend the message to children everywhere, Energizer also will be donating special DVD gift packs to select children's hospitals nationwide, as the Energizer Bunny makes special deliveries of the Cars DVDs throughout November and December.

Loaded with a full tank of electrifying DVD bonus features, the highly anticipated Cars DVD is freewheeling fun for everyone! Bonus features include an exclusive animated short Mater and The Ghostlight, the Academy Award- nominated short One Man Band; "The Inspiration for Cars"; deleted scenes; hilarious end credit vignettes shown in full screen; and a special sneak peek at the highly anticipated next Disney-Pixar feature Ratatouille.

When Cars opened in theaters last May, Energizer and Disney-Pixar partnered to offer free collectible Energizer(R) Cars launchers and Cars- inspired flashlights.
    http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainm...4112006-1.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: Energizer powers 'Cars' DVD promotion - PRNewswire 11/14/06

Loaded with a full tank of electrifying DVD bonus features
    Loaded if you only drive a VW Beetle as opposed to an SUV... Oh wait I do drive a '63 Bug, Nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
      Loaded if you only drive a VW Beetle as opposed to an SUV... Oh wait I do drive a '63 Bug, Nevermind

Car of my dreams
      with way more special features
      than the Cars DVD!
      Check out my other blog:

Comment

The car sits in my driveway and the DVD sits on my self (it even includes Suzie the Little Blue Coup)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X