Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Why "you" hate Monday Night Football - CNNMoney.com 11/16/06

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why "you" hate Monday Night Football - CNNMoney.com 11/16/06

Why "you" hate Monday Night Football
    CNNMoney.com 11/16/06

Why "you" hate Monday Night Football

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- It looks like I'm not the only one who isn't ready for some football on Monday nights.

E-mails poured in following yesterday's rant about how displeased I am with ESPN's "Monday Night Football" telecasts this year.

At last count, I had well over 100 responses from readers and almost everyone agreed with me that ESPN is doing football fans a disservice with the gratuitous promotions for ESPN's sister network ABC -- both of which are owned by Walt Disney -- and the distracting celebrity interviews in the booth.

We also included a poll within yesterday's column. And the admittedly unscientific results do support my contention that ESPN needs to focus less on "Dancing with the Stars" highlights and more on football highlights.

Only 7 percent of the respondents said they actually like ESPN's MNF broadcasts while 79 percent said they did not. The remaining 14 percent said they do not watch MNF.

Fans aren't happy. And it might even finally be starting to hit ESPN where it matters most: ratings. MNF has had its two lowest audiences during the past two weeks.

After topping the 10 million viewer mark every week this season, ratings dipped slightly below that level for the November 6 game. And this past Monday's game, featuring the Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, hit a new low, with 9.6 million viewers according to preliminary figures from Nielsen Media Research.

Granted, these numbers are still great for cable. In addition, this past week's game and the game from the week before, which featured the Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders, involved teams from relatively small markets.
    Full Story - Why "you" hate Monday Night Football
    Check out my other blog:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X