Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Sups & Batman -have love child...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sups & Batman -have love child...

DC Comics Unveils New Logo

Great... Since DC is tied with Time-Warner... I guess they are getting the same type of make over than Looney Toons are supposedly getting...

I don't know what is wrong with the old logo...

That is the great thing about Marvel, they aren't really changing much really...

But then again Marvel always presented characters that where more "human" than DC... DC was more "fantastic," it always an alien or something...

However there is nothing more cool than Adam West in tights... Doing the "Bat"tusie... The Shakespeare Bust secrite batcave switch... It hasn't been the same since...
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

DC has been hesitant to get into the film market, trying to set the bar higher after previous failed incursion during the 90's

Rebranding themselves could be a great move, several companies have had great success rebranding there logos or phrases.

Marvel has also rebranded themselves in the mid-90's and expect a new look and edge this summer as Marvel competes to keep up with the new edger, human side that DC has developed in the last 2 to 3 years. Story wise- DC has run circles around Marvel.

Comment

Well, DC has been all over the TV market... I can't remember a time when something hasn't been on the tube... Smallville, Lous & Clark, Teen Titans, Space Ghost, Hawkman Public Defender...

The New Superman movie project has had quite a buzz for some time...

The brand has some problems however, in that they only market Batman and Superman, while other characters sort of go by the way side... Catwoman? WTF? I just don't get their marketing scheme on film...

I agree that the stories are superior, but the characters have little depth, really...

That being said, I am looking forward to Batman Begins... Though the whole movie formula seems to me to be such a mess... You can't seem to find the right guy to play Batman...

I don't know, a Justice League movie would be quite interesting... But expensive...
        Check out my other blog:

Comment

Yeah, I'll just stay out of this conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
            Yeah, I'll just stay out of this conversation...
            Too late...
            Check out my other blog:

Comment

I love it. the guy says they are "concerned that they are not using the full power of DC", then decides to confuse the audience by redoing the logo. At a glance, the font causes me to see Dairy Queen. Now those who grew up with it, may not recognize it. Typical.
              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                I love it. the guy says they are "concerned that they are not using the full power of DC", then decides to confuse the audience by redoing the logo. At a glance, the font causes me to see Dairy Queen. Now those who grew up with it, may not recognize it. Typical.
                That is sort of my point, why not do what Marvel did and use the same logo just update how it's presented? Add a little color and background...

Besides isn't it Time-Warner? Or is DC privately owned?
                Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                  That is sort of my point, why not do what Marvel did and use the same logo just update how it's presented? Add a little color and background...

Besides isn't it Time-Warner? Or is DC privately owned?
                  DC is owened completly under the AOL Time Warner umbrella, hence the fact we have seen less DC properties make it to the silver screen because only one company can make and distrubute films for DC.
                  I agree that the stories are superior, but the characters have little depth, really...
                  Thats a pretty bogus statement. Marvel had a lock on the human element for years but let themselves get side tracked by overmarketing there best sellers: X-men, Wolverine and Spiderman. Creating "Ultimate" versions because of a lack of faith in the original. Humanity or character is not a defining element of Marvel publications in the last decade.

DC on the other hand has launched a flurry of books that explore the role and definition of a hero in an every evolving world, even giving villians human sides. Truly this is hard for me to admit or argue since I was a born Marvel fan but I have been disappointed with the content and character development of Marvel since Avi Arid took the helm. DC is the superior comic book company having stolen away and locked the best talent in the industry into long term contracts.

The new logo is a great first step in a year that they are reinventing themselves on the big screen. Marvel doesn't even really have a logo other than the bold faced type logo or the giant M....simple stupid. I am a fan of the old logo so don't get my wrong but I am honestly rooting for DC in there silver screen comeback.

They are focusing on the launch of there big three: Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman- which are the highest grossing and most well known books in there catalog. Having watched and studying Marvel's rollar coaster ride with good and bad movies DC and WB plan on giving fans and audiences a spectacular product. I believe this Batman film will hit the mark and will surpass the orginal Tim Burton film in visuals, story and character.

Marvel should be prepared for a butt whooping over the next 10 years as DC steps up to the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                    Thats a pretty bogus statement. Marvel had a lock on the human element for years but let themselves get side tracked by overmarketing there best sellers: X-men, Wolverine and Spiderman. Creating "Ultimate" versions because of a lack of faith in the original. Humanity or character is not a defining element of Marvel publications in the last decade.
                    I agree Marvel had started running aground story wise as early as the 1980's, when they produced the New Universe Line... What a disappointment... I still have the whole series of Spitfire... What a letdown...

I haven't really been keeping track...

The new logo is a great first step in a year that they are reinventing themselves on the big screen. Marvel doesn't even really have a logo other than the bold faced type logo or the giant M....simple stupid. I am a fan of the old logo so don't get my wrong but I am honestly rooting for DC in there silver screen comeback.
                    Usually when companies try to reinvent themselves, you are asking for a disaster... I don't think the new logo is all that impressive, to be honest, I think both you and I could come up with something better and more suitable...

It also leads to market confusion... The assumption is that if you change the logo, you are going to change the content...

I believe this Batman film will hit the mark and will surpass the orginal Tim Burton film in visuals, story and character.
                    Looking at the trailers, I am not seeing much differance really... It is difficult to change the look when darkness is the predominant theme...

Marvel should be prepared for a butt whooping over the next 10 years as DC steps up to the plate.
                    We'll see... The Marvel Universe is fairly wide in scope... I have questioned the characters they have chosen to release to film recently... But with the Fantastic Four comming out, they are dipping in to some of their oldest material... I am surprised that they have not brought the Green Lantern... And they have talked about Iron Man, but there hasn't really been much movement in it's production...

If DC steps up production, more of Marvels charactes should be able to ride some of the wake... particularly if they are lower in budget... Which is the trend as Daredevil cost 75 mil and Elektra 65 mil...
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Duh-oh... Green Lantern is DC...

Me <=== Goomba :monkey:
                      Check out my other blog:

Comment

Looking at the trailers, I am not seeing much differance really... It is difficult to change the look when darkness is the predominant theme...
                        Yes but this director is taking a more realistic approach, explaining training, tools and his mental state of mind- this will be a character film with the occassion action scene much like Spiderman.

We'll see... The Marvel Universe is fairly wide in scope... I have questioned the characters they have chosen to release to film recently... But with the Fantastic Four comming out, they are dipping in to some of their oldest material... I am surprised that they have not brought the Green Lantern... And they have talked about Iron Man, but there hasn't really been much movement in it's production...
                        Green Lantern is a DC property just for clarification

If DC steps up production, more of Marvels charactes should be able to ride some of the wake... particularly if they are lower in budget... Which is the trend as Daredevil cost 75 mil and Elektra 65 mil...
                        Yes and no- Marvel will be able to produce a string of Blade/Daredevil mid-to low level movies but in order to compete with the big three DC headlliners, Marvel needs to launch Ironman, Captain America and Thor over the next 6 to 10 years to stay competative.

Comment

You are likely right...

I didn't realize that Marvel has a new CEO as of Jan 5... And has since cut ties with Stan Lee...

Shame if you ask me...

We'll see what happens as Marvel is publicly traded...

On the up-side, they have been writing with Orson Scott Card, who is one of the best sci fi / fantasy writers there is...

I liked the DC property Constatine... Marvel has characters that are simular that would be nice to see like Dr. Strange or Son of Satan (might need to be rebranded)...
                          Check out my other blog:

Comment

You are likely right...

I didn't realize that Marvel has a new CEO as of Jan 5... And has since cut ties with Stan Lee...
                            Stan Lee has been on the outs at Marvel since Avi Arid took over in the early 90's when Toy Biz bought them out and as far as I can tell the new CEO is to Marvel and Avi as Iger is to Disney and Eisner. Kind of a stooge for the same kind of regime

Shame if you ask me...

We'll see what happens as Marvel is publicly traded...

On the up-side, they have been writing with Orson Scott Card, who is one of the best sci fi / fantasy writers there is...
                            This is in fact marvel's strength right now, they took a page from the DC playbook and have been stealing excellent writers and have recently begun contracting there best artist to private deals as well as luring Hollywood elite into there fold. It started with Kevin Smith on Daredevil a few years ago and Strackinzki (creatore of Babylong 5) has done some amazing work on Spiderman and more recently a stunning retelling of Doc. Stranger. Lastly Joss Whedon is currently working on his own X-men title aptly called Astonishing. Speaking of Apt Pupils, former X-men helmer Bryan Singer will also take a stab at X-men in the Ultimate universe for which he is credit as inspiring.

I liked the DC property Constatine... Marvel has characters that are simular that would be nice to see like Dr. Strange or Son of Satan (might need to be rebranded)...
                            Don't expect a Dr. Strange movie to make it to the big screen anytime soon, I was working at Dimension 2 years ago when Blade/Batman scribe David Goyer sold a low budget script to the former Disney studio. It was good but upon my recommendation and some research by the development teams, this was a property that Dimension and Avi Arid discussed bringing to the small screen, following a more Buffy/Smallville formula but darker and more mature. The project is on the back burner but is still hanging around.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                              Don't expect a Dr. Strange movie to make it to the big screen anytime soon, I was working at Dimension 2 years ago when Blade/Batman scribe David Goyer sold a low budget script to the former Disney studio. It was good but upon my recommendation and some research by the development teams, this was a property that Dimension and Avi Arid discussed bringing to the small screen, following a more Buffy/Smallville formula but darker and more mature. The project is on the back burner but is still hanging around.
                              That means Bob likely took the script with him if it was a Dimension property...

So you never will know...

Has the small screen been tapped out with metaphisical pop drama? The world may never know...

I think revitalizing Dr. Who (a dead in the water Fox property now) may be an easier project to create...
                              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X