Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

'Buffy' is back! Joss Whedon's new comic

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Buffy' is back! Joss Whedon's new comic

Buffy's Back!

Exclusive First Look: Joss Whedon chats with EW's Jeff Jensen about his new ''Vampire Slayer'' comic -- and shows off a few panels

A ''Buffy'' comic! Joss Whedon gives us a sneak peek

We miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We really do. The kicks. The quips. And Willow. Wonderful, wonderful Willow. Sigh. Salvaged from the floppy ruin of a 1992 campy horror flick starring Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry, Joss Whedon's long-running television series starring Sarah Michelle Gellar was doing the Lost thing before Lost was even a glimmer in JJ Abrams' eye — epic, mythic, character-driven serialized storytelling, told with humor and heart. And save for that love it/hate it sixth season, the show never failed to deliver the goods. Today's serialized glamour shows now struggling to remain creatively vital could learn a thing or two from Buffy.

Joss Whedon misses his famous creation, too. Which is why he's returning to it three years after the show's final episode with a new comic book series, slated to debut in March, that continues Buffy's adventures. Whedon, 42, is running the comic as if it were a TV show; after writing the first four issues (a premise-establishing pilot), he'll oversee other scribes who will write the remaining issues (think: episodes) in what is planned to be 25-to-30-issue saga. ''We're calling it season 8,'' says Whedon, ''and we're picking up almost right after season seven left off. I don't know exactly why it or how it happened. I just thought, 'Oh, I could do that! It would be fun!' It happens to me every now and then, and causes me to commit to things I really don't have time for.''
    full article at http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1562057_3_0_,00.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Buffy' is back! Joss Whedon's new comic

Oh well. Season 8 in comic form is better than no Season 8.
    At least its not a 'forgotton' episode from Season 4 or something.

Still waiting for that Buffy/Angel feature film at my cinema...
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

I was wondering when Buffy will come back, brought back Angel a few months back.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
        Oh well. Season 8 in comic form is better than no Season 8.
        At least its not a 'forgotton' episode from Season 4 or something.
        ...or another official fan fic from Buffy's hair dresser.

Ouch. That short story was just awful.
        -Tim

Comment

Hmm, Buffy Season 8, I'm all for it. Now let's hope Joss can bring back some version of Firefly/Serenity as well.

Comment

You know, I never realized this ... but ...

We were watching Toy Story the other day (the first one) and Joss Whedon was one of the Screenwriters. While watching it I could really see the influence on the Sid parts of the movie (his room, etc).

Comment

Didn't he also put Woody and Buzz up on the podium during the Oscars a few years back.

I knew he did Toy Story, and I think he was laso one of the Screenwriters for Alantis.

Comment

Yes Joss did work on Atlantis. I remember catching that in the credits and got a nice chuckle out of it.

Anyhoo...

I remember hearing about these Buffy comics awhile back. I'm not a comic fan but I'll probably check them out because I'm curious to find out what happened after Sunnydale went bye-bye at the end of season 7. Jonathan's little cameos on the final season of Angel were of no help to me.

Comment

There were Buffy comics when the show was still out but Dark Horse dropped it.

Comment

Oh, good. I missed Buffy something fierce...
                    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X