Disney's Birthplace For Sale In Chicago

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Birthplace For Sale In Chicago

I wasn't sure where to post this but I thought it was pretty neat... If a Disney aficionado buys it up and fixes it, that's one more reason to visit Chicago!
    CHICAGO--It may be debatable whether a house recently put up for sale on E-Bay is a cultural landmark. But there is no doubt the North Side Chicago house was home to one very special person.
    The four-bedroom, frame house was where Walt Disney was born 105 years ago this week.
    The house was posted Thursday on E-Bay by owners Radoje and Barbara Popovic. Bidding starts at $280,000 for the home, built in 1893 by Disney's father, Elias.
    The Popovics, who bought the home for $190,000 in 2002, said they listed the house on E-Bay because they hope to find a buyer willing to do something special with a building of historical significance.
    Born December 5, 1901, Walt Disney lived in the house for four years before the family moved to Marceline, Missouri.

The link to the lot is here:
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Ad Widget