This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DisneyShopping.com is now on my crap list

They have now majorly upset me, for 2 reasons.

1. You know that "huge" sale they were having a few weekends ago where they sent you about a million emails about it. They jacked their prices at least 30% for the sale, i had been looking at their site quite a few times the day before and when i went back during the sale and prices were up.
    ex.
    Mickey Polos: before 11.99, during 14.99
    Tiki Room dress: before 49.99, during 69.99
    Yeah, thats pretty sheisty.

2. Ok Christmas Dishes. Mom ordered them on the 13th, she order two sets of the dishes and some other things. All arrived on weds except one of the sets of dishes. The packing slip said "shipped seperately" so we assume, ok they'll be here tommorrow. So today my mom decided to call them and check up on it, the first two operators gave her the wrong tracking number. Then she finally got an intelligent person who realized someone hadn't shipped the other set of dishes, since she couldn't authorize an overnight shipping on them, she transfered to the manager, who we waited 30 minutes on hold for. (BTW, the whole process of the attempting to find the order started at 11:30 and ended at 2:30) Of which now it is after 5:00 in South Carolina and she can't send it today and won't send it tomorrow. So now we will be getting our christmas dishes on tuesday which won't do us a hell of a lot of good on christmas.

Just pissed me off and I needed a place to vent.
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Re: DisneyShopping.com is now on my crap list

Awww, I'm so sorry. I've had good and bad experiences with Disney shopping. It always sucks when something doesn't go right for Christmas - are they giving you a discount or anything to make up for their mistake?
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Is Disneyshopping.com owned by Disney still?

Comment

Yeah, Disney on-line shopping site changes their prices almost
        daily. And the games they play offering different discounts
        on various items, changing the minimum order amount to get
        free shipping. ACCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

If you see something you like, it's seldom worthwhile buying
        until they offer some discount. But then you never know what
        discount they will be offering the next day. And sometimes
        multiple discounts are offered, othertimes not. Like I said,
        they play more games with pricing, than anywhere else I've seen.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
          Is Disneyshopping.com owned by Disney still?
          Disneyshopping is owned by Disney but is operated by a different company which i cannot recall the name at this moment.
          sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
          Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Children's Place owns the Disney Stores, I am not aware if they run the website too.

I am not really bothered by the way they discount. I have just learned that if I want something, I have to act quickly when it is at a good price. Most of the collectables are back on sale. One advantage about their discounts is that you can sometimes get an really great deal. For Christmas this year, I wanted the Sleeping Beauty Tapestry they released for the 50th. It was originally $200, but with the sale price, coupon codes, free shipping, and a few gift cards I had, I was able to get it for around $60.

I like the challenge of getting a good deal. Sorry they didn't get your dishes out to you in time.
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Well they advertised all orders by the 18th had guaranteed Christmas delivery.... hmmm thats funny I ordered the 14th and my daughters main gifts are still not here and per Fed Ex wont arrive till the 27th! I emailed Disneyshopping Wednesday and they assured me they would be here within the week..... hmmm fed ex also has not updated the traking information since the 17th.. looks like her *S* gifts are still in NC.... how am I going to explain that....

Last year we got the Cinderella DVD player from them and when it broke by August it was to bad so sad...
              Last edited by LLEBREKNIT; 12-23-2006, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I've never had an issue getting my items on time from DisneyShopping.com. However, I've never ordered something so close to a holiday or special occasion expecting it to be here on time.

I have had issues with some of DisneyShopping's merchandise, however, and have recieved defective merch, or items with missing pieces.

For example, I returned my Rocket to the Moon lamp 3 times before finally giving up and telling them to have FedEx pick it up and to give me a refund. The lamp had a LED lighting feature in the Rocket portholes that was faulty in all of the lamps I went through. The light would go out within a couple uses, and never work again. It wasn't a big issue, but I did pay $70 for the lamp, and at $70, I want a fully-functioning item, regardless of how small the defect was.

I also recieved one of the 50th Anniversary pin sets from them completely missing a pin.

But aside from that, my orders have been smooth transactions and I've been pleased with everything I've ordered.

Pricing is tricky - it changes constantly, and its just the game you play. I've noticed price hiking during "sales" at other retailers as well - online and offline. It might not be "right," but its done all over the place.

I recently got the Tomorrowland framed pin set from DisneyShopping. It was a set I had always liked, but was always too cheap to get at the original $99.99 price tag. Disney had the set on sale for an incredibly cheap $19.99 and was offering a 30%-off coupon code. I snatched it up for $13.99. ($24.24 after tax and shipping) Total steal.

I got my Hat Box Ghost big fig a long time ago for somewhere around $70, after finding him on sale, plus an additional coupon code, and a free shipping code. I saved $105 on him - it was amazing.

Before I place an order with DisneyShopping I make sure they havent recently recieved and e-mails from them containing coupon codes, and I check out: http://www.couponmountain.com/Disney...ons-deals.html

Sorry to hear about your Christmas dishes though. That's a total bummer. Hopefully Disney will right their wrong though and work with you to help fix the situation as well as it can be fixed, considering the circumstances.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I am sorry this sucks I hope it all works out for the best
                  :crazylegs

Comment

I have a good set-up with my best friend. Back in September Disneyshopping put all their brand new Halloween decorations, plus there was a coupon, and a $75 free shipping deal. Neither one of us wanted to spend $75, so we pooled our orders together to get the shipping free. It worked out very well.

Adalaide, I totally feel your frustration! I go into that site often to check on colectibles, (especially in the outlet) and I've seen the prices go up and down and up again. My idea of an outlet is merchandise that is past it's season and marked down to it's lowest prices! There aught to be a law against raising prices in the outlet.

Comment

Disney Shoppping has its ups and downs. I have had gifts damaged and DS has fully replaced or refunded when they could. I once got a topiary for $20 bucks, when it was normally $150. So dramaqueen is right, you just have to find the coupons and deals.

Looking at some of the dates mentioned and depending on when the items were shipped out, one has to remember that there was a major shutdown of the Denver Airport in Colorado because of the snow. We are waiting for one gift that was supposed to be here last Wednesday.
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I am always tempted to buy certain items on DS, but I usually read more negative things as opposed to positive. That's why I usually stick to eBay ... especially since I've never had a problem with them.

Comment

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've also had this experience when I ordered things from Disneyshopping.com.. never shopped there again. It took quite a while to get here, and the prices were way too high. (At least for me anyway..)

Sometimes you have good and bad experiences. Just the way it goes, kinda like life.
                          sigpic

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                            Disney Shoppping has its ups and downs. I have had gifts damaged and DS has fully replaced or refunded when they could. I once got a topiary for $20 bucks, when it was normally $150. So dramaqueen is right, you just have to find the coupons and deals.

Looking at some of the dates mentioned and depending on when the items were shipped out, one has to remember that there was a major shutdown of the Denver Airport in Colorado because of the snow. We are waiting for one gift that was supposed to be here last Wednesday.
                            I have had to return anything to them, but IF you look carefully,
                            on a continually basis, you may be able to get some good deals,
                            but you have to look on a daily basis. If you miss one day, they
                            just might be offering a large discount on the item, and it will sell
                            out immediately.

And yes, weather certainly did hit Denver, and when they were
                            able to fly again, the first flight was for UPS. I'm sure several people
                            are receiving packages little late, due to closed airports. And consider
                            even overnight packages backed up for a couple days, too. Those
                            would be priority, then the rest would follow as they could catch up.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I comb the disneyshopping website every day looking for deals and the prices DO jump. I placed an order for two Donald and Diasy stocking holders when they were finally priced at $7.99 a piece. The next day they were back up to $14.99. My boyfriend and father both bought me the same Donald clock off the site for Christmas and paid a $10 difference in prices as well for the SAME ITEM!

I don't understand their shipping either. The stocking holders were sent via UPS and my fahter's order was sent via Fed-Ex and we paid for the same standard delivery . He ordered his shipment 3 days after mine and it arrived the same day.

Now my boyfriend told me on the other hand that when he ordered my Christmas gifts and had them sent to our house that they arrived in 3 seperate orders. One set (the clock) came from South Carolina, a Lenox Donald box came from Maryland and a set of pajamas came from seomwhere else. Perhaps they have many warehouses all over that ship orders?

And speaking of Lenox boxes, my Daisy one had a charm in it when it was purchased. The retialer told us they all came with them. My Donald one arrived without one. Does anyone know nayhting on this?
                              With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X