• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lost Boy
    Still lost in Neverland
    • Jan 2005

Problems with Narnia DVD 4 disc set

Anybody else have this problem with the new 4-disc extended version of Chronicles of Narnia DVD set? Here's what happened with my purchase.

Yesterday I went to our local Best Buy (Which was a madhouse) and purchased the regular 4-disc extended movie set for $39.95. It clearly states on the package that a guide book is included with this set. When I got home and opened the package, no book. The place holder was empty.

I took it back today (Even more of a madhouse) and they got another video and opened it. No book. The service person tried for 30 minutes to get someone from Media Services to come to Customer Service but they just never sent anyone. Excuses from out to lunch to short handed were given. So I asked for my money back, got that and started to leave.

I saw two guys in suits wearing Best Buy name tags standing by the service counter so I asked if they were store managers. Yes, they were how could they help. I told them what happened. I told them I thought that all the copies were missing the book and they were going to have a lot of people coming back to return the video. The manager asked me to show him the video and point out where it said the book was included. I did that. He took another set down (this is now the third package) and he opened it. No book. I also told him about the poor service at the counter.

He said because I had brought this to his attention, and because the inconvenience, he would sell me the big Narnia Gift Set with bookends which they were selling for $72.99 for the same price as the regular set, $39.95. I said yes, of course that would be fine. I gave them back the money they had just given me.

I opened the gift set tonight. Guess what? No book.

So I would check any of these sets, regular or gift pack before buying them at any Best Buy or any other store. I have also e-mailed Disney DVD about this. Very poor quality control on such a big item that they are spending a lot of money on advertising for. Buyer beware I guess.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples
  • krystledm
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2006

Re: Problems with Narnia DVD 4 disc set

dude, you got a dvd set worth 73 bucks for 40 bucks and your complaining about a book?

Comment

• Lost Boy
      Still lost in Neverland
      • Jan 2005

Not at all. At this point I really didn't care if the book was there or not. I just wanted to make you aware of a potential problem with the set. Everybody is not going to that lucky. Just a little information is all. The book is a ten page guide to Narnia and the DVD's. Nice to have, but no, I am not complaining now.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• krystledm
        MiceChatter
        • Mar 2006

lol, ok, i was gonna say "count your blessings" it might have been the shipment to that specific store, that does happen sometimes

Comment

• Wendygirl
          Enjoy the now!
          • Feb 2005

One time I purchased The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara from Target. I popped it in my machine and there was no sound. They have a very restrictive return policy on DVD's there and of course the package was open which means no return but I asked to speak to a manager and got her to understand the problem. Went and got another one and immediately took it home and put it in and no sound. At this point I realized that probably that whole shipment was bad, so I went right back and spoke with the manager and they did return my money. I advised them to pull all copies, but I don't think they did. I finally bought the DVD at another store about six months later and it was fine. Another problem I had was with Pinky and The Brain volume 1. Four disc set and there were two disc 2's and no disc 3. Took it back, got another one which was opened at the counter and it was fine. Sometimes I will buy a DVD and not get around to watching it for months. If something is wrong, by then I will be out of luck!
          sigpic

Comment

• Melonballer
            Shablagoo!
            • May 2005

I've been haivng trouble with skipping on dvd 3 of the Gaint Robo swet I got at Suncoast. They have already repalced it once and the same thing is happening. I haven't had hte chance to take it back yet. I also had coding errors on both Narnia and POTC 1 and had to take them both back to where they were purchased. The replacements worked.

Comment

• Mac Daddy
              Nikon +Disneyland = :)
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
              lol, ok, i was gonna say "count your blessings" it might have been the shipment to that specific store, that does happen sometimes
              You're really missing the point. If Disney is advertising the book on the packaging and it doesn't exist, somebody really srewed up here.

Comment

• Lost Boy
                Still lost in Neverland
                • Jan 2005

I did send them an e-mail about this but I haven't heard back yet and probably won't until after the Christmas Holidays, if at all.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• club334me
                  • Jan 2006

You are not alone...I have been accusing my child of losing the book! She opened the box when I wasn't around, so I thought she lost it. We also bought the DVD at Best Buy around the middle of December. I am going to take it back, and maybe buy it somewhere else.
                  Last edited by club334me; 12-29-2006, 10:19 AM. Reason: added to comment

Comment

• FrumiousBoojum
                    Huh?
                    • Jan 2005

I got the bookend box set. Got all the inserts that I'm supposed to have...

By guide book, you're talking about the little pamphlet that shows you the menu maps for each disc, correct?
                    -Tim

Comment

• Lost Boy
                      Still lost in Neverland
                      • Jan 2005

Yes that the booklet. I got a response from Disney DVD and they gave me a phone # to call and request the guide. I am at work so when I get home tonight I will post the number here. It's an 800 number so I guess this is something that happened a lot with this set.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• EagleWings
                        Banned User
                        • May 2005

I got the set for my Dad and it also didn't have the book!!

But when we exchanged it the other copy had it so I dunno maybe it's hit and miss at some places.

Comment

• sailerm
                          • Jul 2006

I just got the box set. I really like the book ends. But no book was included.

please get us the 800 number. I'd like to call them as well

Comment

• Lost Boy
                            Still lost in Neverland
                            • Jan 2005

I haven't called them yet as I have not been here for awhile. It is the number to Disney Consumer Relations. Supposedly all you have to do is tell them what set and what's missing and they will mail it to you.

1-800-723-4763 is the number they gave me.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

• Crazy Legs
                              All you need is LOVE
                              • Feb 2005

I hope they get you what you need and they fix there problem.
                              Last edited by Crazy Legs; 12-29-2006, 06:34 PM.
                              :crazylegs

Comment

• Lost Boy
                                Still lost in Neverland
                                • Jan 2005

It is a Disney DVD. The 800 number is supposed to let them know about this problem and they will send a replacement guidebook.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X