Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grease: Your the One that I want (Video of Max and Laura added)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Grease: Your the One that I want

Kathleen is great but I don't think that Sandy is the right role for her. I think that she would kick *** as Glinda in Wicked!!

As for the Danny's Chad is probably my fav cus he's so good all the way around and he definitely has the "Danny look" but I also really like Max because he just gets so into it and you can tell that he's just having a great time with it.

My best score ever!

Comment

I've been following the show, but not really commenting much. So far the right people have gone home each time in my opinion, though it is getting more and more difficult each time.

Sending Kathleen home this week was the right choice. She was a great singer and actress, but she comes across far too mature for the role. She'd be great for something else. Plus, they have to take into account the fact that she was in the bottom two 3 weeks in a row. That says something about the public opinion. They need someone in the role that the public will want to come and see.

I'm not sure who, of the remaining 3 Sandys I would pick to go all the way.

As for the guys...

Chad-good looking guy, but his skills as a performer aren't as good as some of the other guys.

Austin-Looks great, performs strongly, but i just don't see him in the role. He's a little stiff, and a little too polished. I'd like to see it come across a bit more natural.

Derek-Earlier in the competition it was totally his to lose... and I think he's done just that. two weeks in a row having vocal issues doesn't bode well for trusting someone with 8 shows a week.

Max-Everything the judges have said about him and put him through is spot on, and he's taken their words and done what he needed to do. That's his ultimate strength as I see it. He takes direction very well and does anything and everything they ask of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Belle626 View Post
        You weren't the only one. In the beginning, I wasn't that big a fan of Kathleen, but she was MUCH better than Allie in the sing off last night!!

I think I've had to change my picks for the end of the show...should be Laura and Max...
        Regardless I think it should at least be viewed in this way, she's been the the bottom two TWO times and saved TWO times. Last night was her THIRD. I think that her sing off was the BEST last night, but this is a show where the voters are supposed to pick so they can't just keep saving her each week.

Yes, I'm quite excited for Laura! :cgrin: (Although yoyo HATES Grease and is NOT looking forward to having to go see it this Summer if and when Laura wins.)

As for the Dannys I honestly have no clue. What I do know is that Chad would make a GREAT Link! I thought it before after Austin mentioned he played the role in the traveling Hairspray and then after their comment of him being a teen pop king in a different era made it stick. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Comment

Sunday, March 12th was a close one for Austin. I can't believe he was America's least favorite. Out of all the guys, he can sing, dance and act better. (IMHO) I will have to watch this Sunday so I can vote and keep him in the show. I think this next show is the last of the performances. Should be interesting. Oh, and I think Laura is doing a great job. I would like to see her win. If they do not like her color hair, they can always dye it or put a wig on.

Go Austin and Laura!:yea:

Comment

It's called acting and the Sandy will wear two wigs, if not more anyway. (One for Beauty School Dropout and another for the end.) The judges have even said how she hasn't and won't let that stand it her way.

As for Austin, I was surprised too!! I can't believe he was in th bottom but look how the judges saved him and two of them said he was their favorite? Snazzy. Still no one has called Derek their favorite. yoyo thinks that people will vote for at least one of the two the fit the stereotypical look of either John or Travolta so if Laura is the non-stereotypical looking, then Danny has to be? We'll just have to see...

The thing that makes me the most sad is that Austin is a great performer! On NBC.com's site so many viewers have left comments that the judges screwed up because "Austin is so gay" or "Austin can't play Danny because he's gay and we know it!" Um... regardless of if he is or not, he hasn't said so on this show or other places like his own myspace. But it's called acting. If he is gay he wouldn't be the first gay actor. That probably annoys me more than anything right now.

But yay for Laura! My mom was told that NBC added two more shows to the program since it began - which might be why they had a Sandy and then a Danny special. So maybe they'll do that again or some other different type of show. How about one where they don't sing, but they :blink: act?!?!! I just know because it moved Laura's maybe marriage plans from this spring back. Not exactly the time to be worrying about marriage plans. It should be fun to see how the next episode goes since the judges can't "save" anyone.

Comment

I don't think Austin desrved to be in the bottom, but i also don't think he fits Danny to me. He's a great triple threat performer, I just don't see him in that role personally. The other problem I have with him is that he's a little too polished if you know what I mean. Given the final 3 though, I'd say it has to be either him or Max. Derek just isn't consistent and has had a lot of trouble vocally throughout the competition.

Even though she wasn't my original choice, I'd have to say that Laura is the solid front runner at this point for the girls. She's been the most consistent, and honestly I think being the only brunette in a sea of similar blondes has helped her stand out.

Comment

I just can't picture either Max or Derek as Danny. Derek does tend to crack when singing and the judges have pointed it out twice now. And your right, Piglet, the judges have never put Derek as their favorite. They have put Max as their favorite though. But Max, for me, would be better as one of the T-Birds. You know, one of those funny roles? I wonder who the judges would like to see as Danny and I wonder if they can some way rig the competition. Are they really going to let America decide?

I'll be watching and I'll be voting for Austin and Laura if it is not too late for them. I heard that two people will be kicked out as soon as the show opens. They are probably using the numbers from Sundays show, and unfortunitly I did not vote since I had taped the show.

Why am I getting so emotionally involved with this?

Comment

i am rooting for max just because yes he does follow directions well, he probably one of the best singers, and i believe in what he sings. he really brings that to live and none of the other dannys to that for me. Austin i can see more of a kanicky but not danny. He would be perfect for fieyro in wicked though!

Comment

By the way, Laura has a fan site on blogspot - and my post in this thread was linked to MC. http://lauraosnes.blogspot.com/2007/...out-laura.html

Pretty peachy. :wave: Welcome to any new MiceChatters. :cwink:

Anyway, it should be an interesting show this next week!

Comment

GO LAURA!!! She has been my favorite Sandy since the beginning
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

hey i started a thread on this when the show startd too but no one responded!!! oh well. anyways laura and max will probably win. austin seems too much of a pretty boy and ashley doesnt seem real and spontaneous. great show
                        If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

too bad because I thought Derek was Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                            By the way, Laura has a fan site on blogspot - and my post in this thread was linked to MC. http://lauraosnes.blogspot.com/2007/...out-laura.html

Pretty peachy. :wave: Welcome to any new MiceChatters. :cwink:

Anyway, it should be an interesting show this next week!

I met her before... she's a sweet gal.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by jesjas03 View Post
                              hey i started a thread on this when the show startd too but no one responded!!! oh well. anyways laura and max will probably win. austin seems too much of a pretty boy and ashley doesnt seem real and spontaneous. great show
                              I just posted in the one that people responded to and probably the first one as there seemed to be a couple of threads.

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                              I met her before... she's a sweet gal.
                              That's awesome. May I ask where? I see you're located in the OC - was it a specific event for the show or something? I'm just curious. You can PM if you'd rather not disclose it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                                That's awesome. May I ask where? I see you're located in the OC - was it a specific event for the show or something? I'm just curious. You can PM if you'd rather not disclose it.
                                Oh no it was in North Hollywood where a bunch of the Greasers were at a dance company. I was eating lunch across the street and eventually went over to that side.

Comment

Show finale is on tonight/Sunday at 8/7c! :cgrin:

Comment

And with no surprise to me, Laura wins! :yea:

And Max wins the role as Danny. Also, the rest of the cast was shown the ending of the show. I'm sure a formal press release will soon follow.

Comment

Darn I was still watching it ~ ha ha - good for her she definatley was the best!

Comment

I was there at the taping.

woooooo!!! (j/k haha)

But I kinda predicted those two as the winners. Max, though he doesn't have the look for Broadway was one of the more laidback and down to earth guys. Not as cocky and all that.

Laura was probably one of the sweeter gals too. Ashley's kind of a knock-out beauty though, right from the get-go she had more star power going for her.

Comment

Sorry if I ruined it for the west coast feed. I thought I waited long enough.

I'm glad you had fun at the taping Coheteboy! After seeing the poll information on NBC.com going very much towards Laura and more towards Max than Austin I figured those would be to two or at least Laura. I'm just very happy for her as I've always been.

Comment

Working...
                                          X