This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OC Cancelled...

Beloved teen soap The O.C. has been canceled due to falling ratings following actress Mischa Barton's decision to quit the show. The once hit series joins former Will & Grace star Megan Mullally's new chat show as the first TV casualties of the new year in America. Mullally's much-criticized show will end immediately, while The O.C. will see out its current season. The final episode of the series will air on February 22. In a statement released yesterday, The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz said, "It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, The O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful."

Source: fanmail.biz

Re: The OC Cancelled...

Oh darn.

Comment

That's still on?
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink View Post
        That's still on?
        Apparently not anymore.

Comment

Good! If you do a show called The OC, better get all the color in there as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Does this mean we can go back to calling this place Orange County?

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
              Good! If you do a show called The OC, better get all the color in there as well.
              Exactly. You know, 'MY OC' consisted of my Mexican Grandmother, my great aunts/uncles - all Mexican. My Mom's German Parents.....and such.

And to my knowledge, places like Buena Park, Stanton, and Garden Grove, definitely part of "The OC" were probably NEVER EVER mentioned in the serious. Oh well - their loss, as they show is canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                Exactly. You know, 'MY OC' consisted of my Mexican Grandmother, my great aunts/uncles - all Mexican. My Mom's German Parents.....and such.

And to my knowledge, places like Buena Park, Stanton, and Garden Grove, definitely part of "The OC" were probably NEVER EVER mentioned in the serious. Oh well - their loss, as they show is canceled.

Exactly. OC is a huge melting pot and not all white. That might be why the show ultimately failed.

Or maybe it's how they portrayed the city of Brea... as a dump full of trailers and mobile homes. That's NOT where I live!

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                  Exactly. OC is a huge melting pot and not all white. That might be why the show ultimately failed.

Or maybe it's how they portrayed the city of Brea... as a dump full of trailers and mobile homes. That's NOT where I live!
                  You want to know something? I bet if they DID make a show called "The OC" and portrayed it as it is - as a multicultrual melting pot, it would have been a winner - and it would have been a comedy - because people and different cultures getting together make "FUNNY".

It could still be "ON" today if they did the real thing.

Comment

I never watched...nor wanted to watch it. To me I didn't see it really being "The OC". I am with everyone else here...where was the diversity that is Orange County?
                    HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                      It could still be "ON" today if they did the real thing.
                      I gotta ask... why did you put on in quotation marks? Were you using the word on as a euphamism for something else? I'm just wondering if I missed a joke there.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                      Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                        I gotta ask... why did you put on in quotation marks? Were you using the word on as a euphamism for something else? I'm just wondering if I missed a joke there.
                        I think DDaddy was referring to "on" as in "not cancelled".

And I agree... people would tune in for a more authentic telling of Orange County. But it also needs to be a good story with a good cast... which The OC didn't really have anyway regardless of locale.

Comment

nothing about tv is reality not even the so called "reality shows"...if you want a show that truly reflects reality in the OC (if you live in the OC) look out your window, or take a walk. (boring isnt it?)
                          OLM!!!
                          There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                            Because it's now "OFF" - in that it's canceled.

Comment

I never got why they called it "The OC." No one from California calls it that, at least I never did. And now the rest of the country thinks that's what we say. Weird.
                              �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X