Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

What is your favorite Disney Broadway musical?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Disney Broadway musical?

Disney Theatricals has been providing Broadway audiences with top quality family entertainment for over 10 years now, and the hits keep coming. What is your favorite Disney Broadway show, and why? As sappy and simplistic as it is, I still love Beauty and the Beast (just saw a wonderful production of it at the Indianapolis Civic Theatre on January 7th). I will be seeing Mary Poppins this fall, and can't wait. So, talk about your fav and why!
    Aida (Elton John & Tim Rice)
    7.14%
    Beauty and the Beast
    28.57%
    The Lion King
    42.86%
    Mary Poppins
    14.29%
    Disney's On The Record
    7.14%
    Tarzan
    0.00%

sigpic
    May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Re: What is your favorite Disney Broadway musical?

The Lion King. It was amazing. and I had an aisle seat so it was fantastic to watch them walk down the aisle. And I loved the lighting in 'he lives in you" and all the drums, and the added songs. The only thing I didn't like was in Can you feel the love tonight there were people wearing weird leaves and they looked like caterpillars. And I couldn't really figure out the point of them. Otherwise it was fabulous. I really want to see Tarzan. And I'd go see Mary Poppins to buy an umbrella.

Comment

For me, THE LION KING went in such a terrific direction from the intial film. Watching it was a rediscovery, and, not only that---a fury of creative genius. I mean, using classical primevial art as living sculpture? I'm learning history while watching Disney?

Brilliant!

Peace,
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Just saw the Lion King again last Thursday.....and wow...I love this musical. I dont' think I will ever get sick of it.
        HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
          The Lion King. It was amazing. and I had an aisle seat so it was fantastic to watch them walk down the aisle. And I loved the lighting in 'he lives in you" and all the drums, and the added songs. The only thing I didn't like was in Can you feel the love tonight there were people wearing weird leaves and they looked like caterpillars. And I couldn't really figure out the point of them. Otherwise it was fabulous. I really want to see Tarzan. And I'd go see Mary Poppins to buy an umbrella.
          I sent my parents to see the show for their anniversary and, although they loved the show, they had the same comment as you regarding the dancers during "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"!! The dancers were suppose to represent the romantic aspect of the flora and fauna of the jungle during that moment (at least in the mind of director Julie Taymor). My dad especially hated the acrobats dressed as birds twirling on the ropes!!! I've seen it 3 times myself, but again my heart lies with the story of Beauty and the Beast.
          Good luck on seeing Mary Poppins!!!!

sigpic
          May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Comment

Babes in Toyland!!!

Comment

you forgot one. it hasn't been on broadway but was done by disney theatrical group. BTW on the record wasn't on broadway either. It's The hunchback of notre dame. It was performed in germany I believe. anyway I have seen on the record, beauty and the beast, and the lion king. and it's hard to chose a favorite. I will say this, on the record would make a great dinner show at any resort. it reminded me a bit of the show that was at the top of the world before it became the california grill. Disney could do something like that again at another venue and do like they do the luau or the hooptey doo review. It only needs four people who can sing, so a very small cast and a nice dinner, charge 50 bucks a person and you can make an evening of it.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                Babes in Toyland!!!
                I'd actually pick this as my favorite too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X