• Show
Clear All

• Mummy 3 News

Here's some news about Mummy 3 from Mania.com (formerly Cinescape):

Rob Cohen to direct "Mummy 3"?

By: Karl Schneider, News Editor
    Source: Hollywood Reporter
    Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2007

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Universal Pictures is in negotiations with Rob Cohen to direct the upcoming film Mummy 3.

The previous two installments of the action-adventure franchise starred Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz as early 20th century adventurers who end up in the path of a reborn Egyptian mummy played by Arnold Vosloo. Details regarding the script for the film are being kept under wraps, but both Fraser and Weisz are expected to reprise their rolls though talks have not begun.

The director of the first two films, Stephen Sommers, will be producing the third installment. The script was pened by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar.

Re: Mummy 3 News

I totally loved the Mummy movies. :blush: They're cheesetastic.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

No matter how horrible it is, Im in. I love Brendan Fraser and The Mummy movies.
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

*high five*
        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've enjoyed these movies. They are like the modern day Indy movies of this time, but not as good.
          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I wonder whatever happened to the Scorpion King? Originally that was supposed to be a trilogy leading up to and connecting to Mummy 2.

Comment

^ It was?

There's a special if you buy Fast & Furiosu 3 and the Mummy Collection for $20. Not sure if I wanted it. At Best Buy. My sister is into the Fast & Furious.

I'll check Mummy 3 out. Wonder why Stephen decided to produce?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

yes, yes YES!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mummy movies!!! They are SO freakin awesome. Just the right amount of scary/humor. They are one of those movies I will watch over and over again. But, the third will only be good if delicious Brendon and beautiful Rachel come back.

Comment

Sweet. Love the Mummy movies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by filmfreak11 View Post
                    ^ It was?

There's a special if you buy Fast & Furiosu 3 and the Mummy Collection for $20. Not sure if I wanted it. At Best Buy. My sister is into the Fast & Furious.

I'll check Mummy 3 out. Wonder why Stephen decided to produce?
                    You get the 2 mummy movies and ff3 for $20? Thats pretty good.
                    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

^ Plus I'm sure Scorpion King is in the Mummy collection. Yes, a tempting offer.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                      -Jurassic Park

Comment

thats awsome i love those movies there so freaking great!
                        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Some Mummy 3 news from http://www.mania.com
                          Source: SciFi.com
                          Date: Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Al Gough told Sci Fi Wire a little about the upcoming film Mummy 3 including that it will feature a character who is the grown son of Rick and Evie.

"We figured out a really good family story with Rick and Evie, and [their son] Alex is now grown up. So it's really interesting," said Gough.

Gough also said that there would be a new mummy in the third film. Shooting is planned for this summer with the film eyeing a release in the summer of 2008.

Comment

:yea: cheese at it's best!
                            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                            You set the bar I could not live up to
                            Tonight the light is breaking through
                            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                            Zebrahead

Comment

More News from http://www.mania.com

Jet Li joins "Mummy 3"

Source: Mania
                              Date: Sunday, February 4, 2007

According to a Mania.com scooper, Jet Li is in negotiations to join the upcoming Universal sequel to The Mummy and The Mummy 2. We are also happy to announce that the title for the upcoming film is tentatively set as Mummy: Curse of the Dragon.

The news comes to me from one of my most respected scoopers and they revealed the intricate details of how and why they were privied to this information. Bad news for you is that they also swore me to secrecy, so you are just going to have to trust me.

The plot for the film, which is being kept under wraps for the most part, seems to involve Brendan Fraiser's character, his son, and a brand new Mummy (Li?). Rachel Weisz is also expected to reprise her role.

Rob Cohen is directing the film for the studio which is aiming for a 2008 release.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X