Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when has Summer Magic been out on DVD?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when has Summer Magic been out on DVD?

I've been watching for years, hoping that would come out, and yet somehow it has, right under my nose! I was at Best Buy tonight, browsing titles, when quite to my surprise I came across this treasured bit of Disneyana for the mere price of $12!!!

Have to say, I frickin' love that film. Not just the charming cheesiness of it, or the warm nostalgia of Burl Ives, not even just the gratuitous insect footage-laden musical sequence. It's also a heartwarming story well-directed. And some of it just totally cracks me up, particularly Disney's answer to "The Rules", a lovely little ditty called "Femininity". You just can't go wrong with a song bearing lines like, "Let him do the talking... men adore good listeners" and "HIDE the real you!"

If you haven't seen this Hayley Mills classic, I suggest you try... no excuses now that it's out on DVD!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Since when has Summer Magic been out on DVD?

I also LOVE this movie, but part of me kind of likes not having it on DVD, so it is a surprise when I see it on Disney.

The Ugly Bug Ball......
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Thanks for the tip Morigoon! I loved that movie as a kid watching it on the Disney Channel, when they showed classics such as this on a regular basis.

Now if Gus would be released on DVD, I'd be really happy!
      Originally posted by aashee
      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I love this movie, and "Pink of Perfection" has to be one of my favorite songs.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Best Buy has had it for quite some time now- they actually have a really nice selection of Disney DVDs, I am always impressed. Glad you finally found it Morri!
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

According to Half.com it says it's been out since 2005. I have been kind of wanting to get it too. Mostly I would just love to watch them sing the "Femininity" song.
            Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I want to say I bought it about 2 years ago. I hadn't seen it in years. I have always loved "Ugly Bug Ball", but my girlfriends and I were dying with laughter when we heard "Femininity". That song is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by nursemelis374 View Post
                I were dying with laughter when we heard "Femininity". That song is hilarious!

So, happy that someone else does. :lol:

I was letting some of my old co-workers listen to my classic Disney songs cd's a while back and I cameback from doing a busy job that day and my old co-workers were just a :lmao: anyway and I asked them 'what's up?' and they told me that they got kick out of this Disney Song of mine called "Femininity". Then I listen to it and then laughed along with them.

I had made BDBopper play it a few times on the radio show too.

I haven't seen the movie. But I would just love to see that part.
                Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X