This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camelot movies

I am doing my senior capstone for my Representations of the Middle Ages class on Camelot and the Legend of King Arthur.
    What are some of the good movies that I can use? I was hoping to compare the movies from various years and see how they've changed and what's remained constant throughout the years.

Any film suggestions??
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Re: Camelot movies

In my opinion, the best movie is the 1967 film version of the stage show, Camelot, staring Richard Harris. It is a fun movie to watch, up until Guenevere cheats on Arthur and he finds out. I also liked Excaliber from 1981. It starred Nigel Terry as Arthur. Sean Connery played Arthur to Richard Gere's Lancelot in the 1995 film First Knight. And recently, Clive Owen and Keira Knightley played Arthur and Guenevere in the 2004 film, King Arthur.

Those are a few I can think of to get you started. Good luck and let us know how you did on your report.

Comment

How could you forget "The Sword in the Stone?" I know there's not much about Camelot in the film, but it's a classic take on Arthurian legend.
      They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Comment

Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Not sure if that one counts but it's very amusing.
        Mists of Avalon
        A connecticut yankee in king arthur's court and if I'm not mistaken, there's a disney version of this
        Quest for Camelot. I've actually never seen this but a friend of mine swears that this is one of the greatest movies ever made. She also said that the Alamo so I wouldn't trust her judgement too much

Comment

Excalibur
          Will there be screams when the sun sets,
          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
          elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
          Originally posted by pratt55
          Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court - one with Bing Crosby (classic) and then there was Black Knight in King Arthurs Court

King Arthur with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley

A Kid in King Arthurs Court

Excalibur is excellent too and the musical Camelot with Richard Harris

Merlin (TV movie)

And the Danny Kaye movie of the Jester - gotta love it!

Mists of Avalon - the female story
            Spell Binding Books
            http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
            The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
            We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
            Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
            Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
              if I'm not mistaken, there's a disney version of this
              Quest for Camelot. I've actually never seen this but a friend of mine swears that this is one of the greatest movies ever made. She also said that the Alamo so I wouldn't trust her judgement too much
              Quest For Camelot? The animated movie by WB? About the girl who dreams of becoming a knight and meet a blind guy who also dreams of being a knight? The movie itself is ok, but it's got a kick-butt soundtrack! Celine Dion, The Corrs, Andrea Bocelli, Bryan White.
              Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Mists of Avalon - the female story
                nearly forgot about that movie, i really enjoyed it
                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                Originally posted by pratt55
                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                  Quest For Camelot? The animated movie by WB? About the girl who dreams of becoming a knight and meet a blind guy who also dreams of being a knight? The movie itself is ok, but it's got a kick-butt soundtrack! Celine Dion, The Corrs, Andrea Bocelli, Bryan White.
                  Yup that's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
                    Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Not sure if that one counts but it's very amusing.
                    Camelot. Camelot. It's just a model, Shhh!

I have to push the pram a lot....

oh, and if you think the movie is great, see the musical

Comment

Excalibur is the best King Arthur film by a long shot.

Camelot and The Sword in the Stone are not truly great adaptations, but both are based on important Arthurian works that have good ideas to reference.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                        Camelot. Camelot. It's just a model, Shhh!

I have to push the pram a lot....

oh, and if you think the movie is great, see the musical
                        Tis a silly place
                        Spell Binding Books
                        http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
                        The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
                        We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
                        Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
                        Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

I know I've asked you this before , but where do you live? The American Musical Theater of San Jose is playing Camelot right now. It stars Micheal York. It would be great if you could go see it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X