Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

DVC What do you know? Do you Own?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVC What do you know? Do you Own?

Thinking about buy DVC and wonder is it a good buy for the California user who goes to Dl more than WDW.

Re: DVC What do you know? Do you Own?

What is a DVC??? Is that the same as an AP at DL??

Comment

DVC stands for Disney Vacation Club.
      "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Comment

If you are planning on using it for Hotel stays at the Disneyland Resort primarily then it is decidedly not a good deal.

If you plan to visit Disney World at least once every other year for the next 20 plus years than it is a great deal.

Those who bought their memberships back in the early to mid 90s have saw their origninal investments go up in value by as much as 50%+ I believe....and that's on top of the many vacations they have already taken. They could sell their memberships right now and realize a healthy profit in addition to all those vacations.

I do not own one myself but have been toying with the idea of buying in for about a decade now.....and kinda kicking myself for not doing it earlier.:bang:
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Well I was one of the people who buy in 1992

yes I see grow in value.

1992 - 2000 I got park pass

Now we get good discount on park pass and some food place.
          reantal stuff some time free or a good discount.

I have points to vacation ones a year and some time stay at Grand Californian resort in a concierge

the point lever stay the same year after year.

Disney cruse line too.
          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamin' View Post
            Thinking about buy DVC and wonder is it a good buy for the California user who goes to Dl more than WDW.

I am a CA DVC member, and I use DVC at least once a year. I like a vacation to WDW, welcome change from CA, and so much to see and do, and I get to see and do Disney on both coasts!

There is a wonderful thread on DVC that you might want to check out as well.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46114

IHIH

CU@DL

Andy
            -
            What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Again, my advice is to hold out untill Disney gets a clue and creates a better California benifit... One it does, I think it will blow the roof off the program... But I think there is hesitance within the program because California property isn't cheap... And they would have to buy more land to really make it worthwhile.
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

I'm a DVC owner too. Don't forget, there are about 500 properties you can stay at, not just Disney. I've used it to stay in Washington, DC last year. Next year, I'm using it for Tokyo Disney, the Miracosta. I have friends that have stayed in Monterey, CA, New York and London, all on their points. We also go to WDW once a year on points.
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

Comment

Great info and thank you for taking the time to post about it.

Comment

Not me. I do manage to go to WDW 3-4 times a year (because it's only 90 minutes away) but I either do a day trip or if I can find a good deal on a hotel I'll take a Friday afternoon off work, stay overnight, hit the park(s) the next day and drive home that night.

Comment

I wish that I was a member but I can't afford it right now.
                      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X