• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radiobarry
    Angel Fan MC Man
    • Apr 2005

"The History Of Rock And Roll"

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up that this ten-part series is being shown on VH-1 Classic this week.

My on screen program guide gives a date of 1995, but I know I've never seen these before. After watching a few episodes (which will be repeated over the next several days), I recommend it. It chronicles the music's evolution from its roots in country and R and B, right up through the 1990's.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
  • ALIASd
    Top Shelf!
    MiceChat News Team
    • Jun 2005

Re: "The History Of Rock And Roll"

That was the Andrew Solt series, I recall it as being quite good. Thanks.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Radiobarry
      Angel Fan MC Man
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      That was the Andrew Solt series, I recall it as being quite good. Thanks.
      Indeed that is the case..and again I really liked what I have seen so far. Gary Busey (of "Buddy Holly Story" fame) is the narrator.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• BDBopper
        Colorful
        • Apr 2005

Of course I don't get VH1-Classic but oh well. On January 29th Turner Classic Movies will be showing a bunch of Rock N' Roll B Movies from the 50's and early 60's. So get those DVR's rolling if ya got 'em.
        Originally posted by aashee
        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

• Radiobarry
          Angel Fan MC Man
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by BDBopper View Post
          Of course I don't get VH1-Classic but oh well. On January 29th Turner Classic Movies will be showing a bunch of Rock N' Roll B Movies from the 50's and early 60's. So get those DVR's rolling if ya got 'em.
          I am recording all ten one-hour shows on good old VHS (from Tivo, of course!)...if you can handle something that low tech maybe we can work something out!

--Barry (just an analog guy in a digital world)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X