Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

"The History Of Rock And Roll"

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The History Of Rock And Roll"

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up that this ten-part series is being shown on VH-1 Classic this week.

My on screen program guide gives a date of 1995, but I know I've never seen these before. After watching a few episodes (which will be repeated over the next several days), I recommend it. It chronicles the music's evolution from its roots in country and R and B, right up through the 1990's.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: &quot;The History Of Rock And Roll&quot;

That was the Andrew Solt series, I recall it as being quite good. Thanks.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      That was the Andrew Solt series, I recall it as being quite good. Thanks.
      Indeed that is the case..and again I really liked what I have seen so far. Gary Busey (of "Buddy Holly Story" fame) is the narrator.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Of course I don't get VH1-Classic but oh well. On January 29th Turner Classic Movies will be showing a bunch of Rock N' Roll B Movies from the 50's and early 60's. So get those DVR's rolling if ya got 'em.
        Originally posted by aashee
        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by BDBopper View Post
          Of course I don't get VH1-Classic but oh well. On January 29th Turner Classic Movies will be showing a bunch of Rock N' Roll B Movies from the 50's and early 60's. So get those DVR's rolling if ya got 'em.
          I am recording all ten one-hour shows on good old VHS (from Tivo, of course!)...if you can handle something that low tech maybe we can work something out!

--Barry (just an analog guy in a digital world)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X