Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underwater Adventure Returns to Disneyland Park In Time for...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater Adventure Returns to Disneyland Park In Time for...

Disneyland Resort Press Release

www.disneyland.comwww.DisneyParks.com/rules. Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Underwater Adventure Returns to Disneyland Park In Time for...

thanks to custom colors created from recycled glass, providing deeper, richer hues that last longer under water.
    Ahh, that answers my question! This "special paint" sounds an awful lot like ceramic paint

Comment

Is it really still opening June 11th? Even with the pipe issue?

Comment

I can't wait to see what it's like.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
          Disneyland Resort Press Release

- they will want to experience this new attraction over and overthe addition of two extra seats and portal windows in anticipation of expanded guest interest.
          I don't know about the rest of you, but this kind of PR misinformation drives me nuts!!

The executive leadership at P&R and WDI knew full well that capacity would be greatly reduced from the original Sub Voyage, when this PR statement was created. The addition of two extra seats/portals in each sub does nothing to offset the capacity hit.

The sub speed must significantly slow down so that everyone -- 20 riders sitting side-by-side -- can view the video segments in their entirety. If the sub speed stayed the same as the old Sub Voyage attraction, riders in the front and back of the sub wouldn't see all of the video (bow riders wouldn't see the end of the segments; stern riders wouldn't see the beginning). It's all about timing of the video.

And talk about Fitzgerald driving salt straight into the wound, with his "... they will want to experience this attraction over and over..." prediction. Yeah, terrific. I have no doubt that park guests will want repeat rides. This rehab is going to be amazing! That being said... I don't quite visualize riders jumping right back into a three to four-hour line to lose even more electrolytes in the hot summer sun! These folks will be lucky to get just one ride experience during their day. About 15,000 riders per day, with 65,000 guests in the park, even 75,000 if they get Indy-opening year numbers. That's only 1 in 5 guests who get to ride, one time.

This is what makes me so frustrated about this situation! The more Disney advertises the new attraction, the greater the crowds. And the greater the crowds, the longer the lines, and the greater the number of guests who won't get to ride. Which will result in shorter tempers and longer lines at City Hall.

This attraction's capacity is nowhere near Indy or Pirates or Mansion. Promoting the heck out of Nemo Subs will just create an uglier mess!

What does Team Rasulo use for freakin' brains, anyway?

:verymad:
          "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
            I don't know about the rest of you, but this kind of PR misinformation drives me nuts!!

The executive leadership at P&R and WDI knew full well that capacity would be greatly reduced from the original Sub Voyage, when this PR statement was created. The addition of two extra seats/portals in each sub does nothing to offset the capacity hit.

The sub speed must significantly slow down so that everyone -- 20 riders sitting side-by-side -- can view the video segments in their entirety. If the sub speed stayed the same as the old Sub Voyage attraction, riders in the front and back of the sub wouldn't see all of the video (bow riders wouldn't see the end of the segments; stern riders wouldn't see the beginning). It's all about timing of the video.

And talk about Fitzgerald driving salt straight into the wound, with his "... they will want to experience this attraction over and over..." prediction. Yeah, terrific. I have no doubt that park guests will want repeat rides. This rehab is going to be amazing! That being said... I don't quite visualize riders jumping right back into a three to four-hour line to lose even more electrolytes in the hot summer sun! These folks will be lucky to get just one ride experience during their day. About 15,000 riders per day, with 65,000 guests in the park, even 75,000 if they get Indy-opening year numbers. That's only 1 in 5 guests who get to ride, one time.

This is what makes me so frustrated about this situation! The more Disney advertises the new attraction, the greater the crowds. And the greater the crowds, the longer the lines, and the greater the number of guests who won't get to ride. Which will result in shorter tempers and longer lines at City Hall.

This attraction's capacity is nowhere near Indy or Pirates or Mansion. Promoting the heck out of Nemo Subs will just create an uglier mess!

What does Team Rasulo use for freakin' brains, anyway?

:verymad:
            I'm more concerned that the attraction won't deliver the goods, and people who decided to wait three or four hours will be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
              I'm more concerned that the attraction won't deliver the goods, and people who decided to wait three or four hours will be disappointed.
              That's certainly true. Having to wait three to four hours in an outdoor summertime queue will decidedly heighten expectations, perhaps to an unrealistic level. The new effects might be impressive with only a 60-minute wait, but viewed as disappointing for a 200-minute wait. It's all highly subjective.

If the majority of riders disembark and have no desire to re-ride with a 200-minute queue in place, the frequent APs will seek out other attractions, and the lines will slowly diminish as more and more APs get the chance to ride.

Nemo Subs being a huge hit is a double-edged sword. The more popular, the worse the line. And the line will occupy one of the worst locations in the park regarding weather. At least most of the Splash and Indy queues are sheltered and/or air-conditioned.
              "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X