Annie Liebowitz Disney Photography. What do you think?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mineux
    rockin butter sponge!
    • Dec 2006

Annie Liebowitz Disney Photography. What do you think?

Okay, this totally does need its own thread.

Here is the place to discuss the photography, the artists, the subjects and the content of this new Disney advertising campaign.

The Photography:

Due to copywrite issues, it is best if you visit the DisneyParks Gallery to view these photos:
    Plan a Disney family vacation with helpful travel planning information and experience the magic of Disney Theme Parks, cruises and exciting destinations.

The Photographer:
    About Annie Liebowitz FAQ:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Leibovitz her wikipedia entry
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14964292/site/newsweek/ newsweek article from last year

Videos & more about the photos:

Watch the official launch of the photographs by Jay Rasulo and Annie Liebowitz. It explains A LOT!!
    http://www./Lotion-View-365.asp

Annnnnd the behind the scenes photos!:
    Last edited by Mineux; 01-28-2007, 09:38 PM. Reason: organization

• Ghostbuster626
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Re: Annie Liebowitz Disney Photography. What do you think?

Im not that impressed. Jay Rasolu and Annie liebowitz are losers and belong in THE GAP.

Comment

• Mineux
      rockin butter sponge!
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
      Im not that impressed. Jay Rasolu and Annie liebowitz are losers and belong in THE GAP.
      Do you even KNOW who Annie Liebowitz is??? This is meant to be a discussion. Please stay over in the thread you created, as it will be in the litter box soon enough. Plzthankyouverymuch.

Comment

• EagleWings
        Banned User
        • May 2005

Wait aren't we already discussing this in another thread?

Comment

• Mineux
          rockin butter sponge!
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
          Wait aren't we already discussing this in another thread?
          both threads went up at the same time. This one is meant to be a discussion about the photography/photographer/art.. not a pissing contest about people just saying the artists and directors in charge suck.

Comment

• EagleWings
            Banned User
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Mineux View Post
            both threads went up at the same time. This one is meant to be a discussion about the photography/photographer/art.. not a pissing contest about people just saying the artists and directors in charge suck.
            So in other words we all have to agree that she's a great photographer in this thread?

Comment

• merlinjones
              Minion
              • Jan 2005

There's no doubt that these are all three beautiful photos by Leibovitz that support a classic, artful vision of the Disney legends.

Whether the value of this type of brand marketing is particularly effective remains to be seen, but that Cinderella photo, in particular, resonates and evokes a childish, dreamlike vision that may well trigger a hunger or trip to Disney for some who have been away too long.

I mean, this is light years away from the icky corporate product marketing of the Eisner/Pressler era (remember the horrible "Magic Happens"?), so I appreciate the art and sincerity involved in these interpretations - and the attempt for a high-end product.

What other images could be down the pike? A Sleeping Beauty would be nice... Nicole Kidman? Or Snow White terrorized in the forest - - maybe Salma Hayek or Penelope Cruz? How about a Cruella DeVil played by Peter O'Toole?
              “I love the nostalgic myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past.” -- Walt Disney

Comment

• DisneyDude2006
                Comin' at ya!
                • Oct 2006

I really regret seeing that pick of Lennon....
                "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

• Mineux
                  rockin butter sponge!
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by EagleWings View Post
                  So in other words we all have to agree that she's a great photographer in this thread?
                  no, not at all, just a decent conversation without pointless remarks about race and firing people.
                  I put the links to her work at the top of the page so that people could educate themselves as to why the Disney company put this advertising campaign in her quite capable hands. If you dont like the photography, thats fine. But just to drop into a thread to say the person sucks, is quite childish on many accounts.

I know there are some adults here who just want to discus the photography. That is all.

Comment

• Ginarella
                    MiceChatter
                    • Nov 2006

Where's the picture of it?

Comment

• TikiRoomLiz
                      MiceChatter
                      • Oct 2006

I haven't seen the picture yet myself (anybody have links?). But, I do have to say that if they advertise the tiara in particular they should at least let you see it.

Comment

• Not Afraid
                        Gay Man
                        • Jan 2005

LOVE IT!

But, I've already stated my opinion (twice) on the other thread.

Comment

• tinkermonkey
                          has a brand new mindset
                          MiceChat Moderator
                          • Oct 2005

There are links to the pictures in the news section with the acompanying article. I think they are stunning - and really, who cares what the tiara cost and how it turns out not showing up very well in the picture. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a detail you expected to have in a photo when you get everything else RIGHT with the look.
                          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
                          then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

• frecky
                            itty bitty
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                            Where's the picture of it?
                            Originally posted by Stitch74 View Post
                            I haven't seen the picture yet myself (anybody have links?). But, I do have to say that if they advertise the tiara in particular they should at least let you see it.
                            Theres already 3 other threads that have the links.
                            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

• Mineux
                              rockin butter sponge!
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by tinkermonkey View Post
                              Sometimes you have to sacrifice a detail you expected to have in a photo when you get everything else RIGHT with the look.
                              you MUST be an artist at heart!!! :bow:

Comment

• Ginarella
                                MiceChatter
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                                Theres already 3 other threads that have the links.
                                Thanks I found them.

Those are great. I love Annie's photography.

Comment

• Alchimedes
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

I think they are classy. Great choices for the characters.
                                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• JCSkipr79
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2006

Merlinjones i am suprised at you! This is the EPITOME of "icky,corporate". This would NEVER have happened under Eisner/Pressler. WHO CARES whether whats her names tiara is from HArry Winston? Is WDW the theme park version of Hollywood now? And WHO are they going for putting these ads into Vanity Fair, GQ? etc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?

WHERE IS IGER?

Comment

• Mineux
                                      rockin butter sponge!
                                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                                      tc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?
                                      Hmm.. i suppose that is why there are so many celeb sitings in the parks, and why Club 33 exists, and why huge celebs have had their birthday parties in the parks.

I believe this is what is called "Re-branding". Where a company takes the old advertising and decides to make it seem totally different. Alot of companies are being re-branded right now, so Disney choosing to do so is not a surprise.

Comment

• Not Afraid
                                        Gay Man
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                                        And WHO are they going for putting these ads into Vanity Fair, GQ? etc etc. That LAST sort of people that would VACATION at Disney?? The kind of people that look DOWN on Disney. Rich, snob people?
                                        This AP-weilding, self-professed SNOB happens to to admire Disney when they actually do something creative, edgy and fun. Rich, snob people respect Disney when they do something worthy of respect.

Any, who wouldn't want the rich snobs in your camp? Should Disney only be marketing to poor, narrow minded trailer trash? (Or whatever the opposite of rich snob may be.)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X