Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Micechat Greatest Movies of All Time !!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Micechat Greatest Movies of All Time !!!

The 108 Greatest Movies of All Time as Chosen by Micechat

There were 34 people who cast 572 votes for 319 movies, of which 211 were only voted for once. The remaining votes were split up across the other 108 movies. And here they are!!!!

1: Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope (12 votes)
    Released 1977. Directed by George Lucas. Written by George Lucas
    “A Long Time Ago, In a Galaxy Far Far away…”
    Not much can be said bad about this, the first Star Wars movie. Probably responsible for bringing more into our collective unconscious than any other movie, Star Wars not only started one of the greatest movie franchises of all time (and with it toy, video games, and television shows, and countless fans) but also changed the way people make movies. Following a classic hero’s journey, this film used state of the arts technology when it could, and invented new technology when it needed. Books and books have been devoted to this film so suffice to say, “May the Force Be With You.”

2: Star Wars: Episode V- The Empire Strikes Back (11 votes)
    Released 1980. Directed by Irvin Kershner. Written by George Lucas, Leigh Bracket, and Lawrence Kasdan
    “The Adventure Continues.”
    The fight at Hoth is one of the best battle scenes ever, and it’s in the first 20 minutes of the film. Here we meet Yoda, learn that Vader is Luke’s Father, are betrayed by Lando, and watch as Leigh tells Han “I love you” before he is dipped in carbonite. The second act is usually the slowest, but not with Star Wars. With several cliff-hangers at the end, it left everyone wanting more. More Vader, more Yoda, more sexy Billy Dee. Again, nothing I can say can match what has been written and obsessed about. So, remember, “I am your father!”

3: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (10 votes)
    Released 1981. Directed by Stephen Spielburg. Written by George Lucas, Philip Kaufman, and Lawrence Kasdan.
    “The return of the Great Adventure”
    A Rugged Hero, A dastardly Villain, A damsel in distress, a faithful sidekick, and melting the faces off of Nazis. What more could a movie have? The beginning of the Indiana Jones Trilogy (soon to be quadogy) Forms the quintessential action movie. Full of iconic scenes, most famous of which is Indy’s escape from the Temple and natives. Also the inspiration behind one of the coolest theme park attractions ever. If you don’t love Raiders of the Lost Ark, then you probably never saw it. It is good. It is very, very good.

4: Mary Poppins (9 votes)
    Released 1964. Directed by Robert Stevenson. Written by P.L. Tavers (books), Bill Walsh, and Don DaGradi
    “It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!”
    Pure Disney Magic. Pure Movie Magic. Just Pure Magic. Winner of five Oscars including best actress for Julie Andrews, this movie continues to delight everyone lucky enough to watch it. The songs are fantastic from the fun loving “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” and “Let’s go Fly a Kite” to the somber “Feed the Birds”. Probably Walt’s movie Masterpiece, Mary Poppins is “Practically Perfect in Every Way.”

5: The Wizard of Oz (9 votes)
    Released 1939. Directed by Victor Fleming. Written by L. Frank Baum (Novel), Noel Langley, Florance Ryerson, and Edgar Allan Wolf
    “Mighty Miracle Show Of 1000 Delights”
    One of the greatest American novelist’s characters brought to life on the big screen. Winner of two Oscars for it’s music, and beloved across the entire world, The Wizard of Oz shows what is possible when making a movie, and in 1939! Now over 67 years old, it still holds and even surpasses most of today’s great movies. In a time when America was just overcoming the effects of The Great Depression, this movie invited everyone to dream of a better life and reminded everyone that, “There’s no place like home.”

7: Gone with the Wind (8 votes)
    Released 1939. Directed by Victor Fleming. Written by Magaret Mitchell and Sidney Howard.
    “The most magnificent picture ever!”
    Best Picture, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, Best Director, Best supporting Actress, Best Actress, Best and almost everything. This true American Epic presents a harrowing love tale set to the backdrop of the most tumultuous time in America. Scarlet O’ Hara represents the Old South and we are shown the downfall of both. Important enough to be shown in schoolrooms across the world, this film should be seen by every American. Don’t want to? “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a Damn.”

8: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (8 votes)
    Released in 2001. Directed by Peter Jackson. Written by J.R.R. Tolken (Novel), Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, and Peter Jackson.
    “One Ring to Rule them All”
    It only happens once in a lifetime. The technology of movie making is combined with the right director, the right actors, the right screenplay, and the right story. I was part of the collective cheer when I heard that there was going to be a Lord of the Rings movie, and on opening night, I wasn’t disappointed at all. Like imagination brought to life, each scene is a masterpiece in its own right. Thank you Peter Jackson!

9: It’s a Wonderful Life (7 votes)
    Released 1946. Directed by Frank Capra. Written by Philip Van Doren Stern (story), Frances Goodrich, Albert Hackett, and Frank Capra
    “It's a wonderful laugh! It's a wonderful love!”
    So many Christmas stories are full of suger and spice and sticky sweet sweetness. Don’t get me wrong, It’s a Wonderful Life has its moments of sweetness, but there is also sadness, darkness, and fear. This movie gave the world a wonderful vision, not only of Christmas, but also what it means to be a good person. Just as good at making you cry as it is at making you laugh, this story is complex emotionally, deep psychologically, and wonderful absolutely.

10: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (7 votes)
    Released in 2003. . Directed by Peter Jackson. Written by J.R.R. Tolken (Novel), Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, and Peter Jackson.
    “There can be no triumph without loss. No victory without suffering. No freedom without sacrifice.”
    11 Oscars and millions of moviegoers say this is a great film. The end of the great epic trilogy of our day gave us everything we could have asked for. Whether it is the epic final battle with the undead forces, The heartbreaking treachery of Gollum, the absolute devotion of Sam, or just how cool an Oliphant looks, this movie is a perfect ending to a perfect series.

11: Star Wars: Episode IV- Return of the Jedi (7 votes)
    Released in 1983. Directed by Richard Marquand. Written by Lawrence Kasdan and George Lucas.http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=1#post1344143

Enjoy!!!!!
    Last edited by thejoshualee; 01-29-2007, 03:27 AM.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Re: The Micechat Greatest Movies of All Time !!!

:clap: Nice Work TJel! :bow:
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
      :clap: Nice Work TJel! :bow:
      Thanks *wipes sweat off of forehead* whew! Didn't think I'd get it done.
      St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
        Thanks *wipes sweat off of forehead* whew! Didn't think I'd get it done.
        This says is it all.
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Looking over the list of those that got only 2 votes, many of them are my personal favorites. I hope that people will take two or three of their favorites and reflect on them.

Comment

YAY!!!! For the Jelly man! Thanks for your work on this!

( I really can't believe no one else voted for George of the Jungle! )
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

All I have to say is wow - thanks for putting in all that time and effort. I really enjoyed seeing the results, rediscovering some forgotten favorites, and having my interest piqued by other people's choices.
              She did it!

Comment

Nice work! I am impressed, but a little sad. How did The Emperor's New Groove not get enough love to be in the top 108? Just for that I will have Yzma make a special drink for all who didnt vote!
                It's like i'm talking to a monkey, a really really big stupid monkey named Kronk.

Comment

Super job TJel great list of movies to. Thanks for all your hardwork. :clap:
                  Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome!! I love the micechat now has it's own list!

Comment

I was surprised that so few Disney movies made it in the top of the list. I thought for sure it would be all Disney.

I guess people like Star Wars and LOTR better.

Comment

You know, looking at our list I think we did a pretty good job on. There are maybe only 1 or 2 movies on that list that I don't like.

Comment

Wow! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this! I was just expecting a list - but with the write ups and the quotes this is really neat! Great job! What a fun list! We all have very good taste in movies .

Comment

I almost wish I were a nerd so I could more fully appreciate your selections.

Comment

It's good to see the better trilogy came out on top
                              " Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. " Oh no we might be in trouble

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X