This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter S. Thompson's remains to be shot from cannon

So I have been a huge fan of Hunter S. Thompson ever since I stumbled across a copy of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when I was 15. The man was a brilliant journalist and one hell of a storyteller.
    I was deeply saddened by his death, but very tickled a few weeks after when I heard his final request was to have his ashes shot out of a cannon on his property. It seems a fitting end to a truly amazing life.
    I was reading the news today and I came across this article:

I just think that is freaking awesome.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Awwwww man this has Hunter's touch written all over it! Badass and godspeed old man!

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      Awwwww man this has Hunter's touch written all over it! Badass and godspeed old man!
      Totally. How awesome is that?

Comment

I remember hearing something about this right after he died. I think its perfect.
        I find it hard
        It's hard to find
        Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Just read an article that says Johnny Deep is personally constructing the cannon and will be the one to fire it.

Comment

I am a huge HST fan (See avatar )
            But I was generally dissapointed in Hunter for taking the coward's way out...I expected much more fight from him. Sadly, he turned in to a complete whack-job at the end of his life. The canon thing is a fitting tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snappy
              But I was generally dissapointed in Hunter for taking the coward's way out...I expected much more fight from him. Sadly, he turned in to a complete whack-job at the end of his life. The canon thing is a fitting tribute.
              I felt that the way he went was the ONLY way he could have gone out. He lived a longer and crazier life than most. He called a stop to the insanity when he felt it was time.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl
                I felt that the way he went was the ONLY way he could have gone out. He lived a longer and crazier life than most. He called a stop to the insanity when he felt it was time.
                Interesting views you have...a gun-shot to the temple is the "ONLY" way to go out? Remind me never to have you as a friend...I would hate to see the type of advice you give

What "insanity" do yo speak of?
                The guy was an immensly talented writer who flushed his life away with drugs and alcohol. The last years he became completely incoherent due to his liquor, drugs, and cigarettes. I defend his right to choose his own lifestyle, but I think it was a complete waste.

The only way that this might have been acceptable is if he somehow felt that he was so fried that he would start to become a burden to others. But maybe he was just a selfish coward that really had no use any longer.

Comment

Interesting views you have...a gun-shot to the temple is the "ONLY" way to go out? Remind me never to have you as a friend...I would hate to see the type of advice you give
                  Simmer down pal! People who believe in the ability of unassisted end to there own life are not necessarily going to advicate that to friends and family or even use it on themselves but they can respect an individual's right to choose.

Hunter S Thompson did what he did and bashing him after he is dead is sort of pointless...Honor the best of the people who leave us.

Comment

What "insanity" do yo speak of?
                    The guy was an immensly talented writer who flushed his life away with drugs and alcohol. The last years he became completely incoherent due to his liquor, drugs, and cigarettes. I defend his right to choose his own lifestyle, but I think it was a complete waste.

The only way that this might have been acceptable is if he somehow felt that he was so fried that he would start to become a burden to others. But maybe he was just a selfish coward that really had no use any longer.
                    Yes, my views are slightly warped. But they're mine. And I make no apologies. I thought he was brilliant, no matter how troubled he may have been, and no matter how he chose to die.

Comment

I have to agree. And blowing your brains out? So Unoriginal. And Having your 10 year old Grandson home? Just so Wrong. i lost respect.
                      -----------------------------------------------
                      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X