This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beatles- Anniversary Coming Up

For all you Beatles fans out there- me included- February 9 marks the 43rd anniversary of their arrival to America

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Re: The Beatles- Anniversary Coming Up

I believe that February 9 is the 43rd anniversary of their first appearance on the "Ed Sullivan" show. In those days, getting on that show was the mark that you had really made it.

They appeared on three consecutive Sullivan shows, and came back in September 1965. As I recall, they also appeared once via sattelite from Abbey Road in 1968, looking just a little different and sang "Hey Jude".

Anyway, I was seven years old when I watched that unforgettable Sullivan show in February 1964. Even as I look at it again (they sell a DVD of it) it's still so easy to remember the screaming girls - all the hysteria - I don't think we'll ever see anything quite like that, again.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

No, we won't. Many fans have tried to match The Beatles' wit and music, but no one has ever came close.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
        No, we won't. Many fans have tried to match The Beatles' wit and music, but no one has ever came close.
        Not true! The Rutles did a very fine job of coming close. And I know The Beatles were fans of the pre-fab four.
        -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
          I agree. But when the Beatles first came over, they had the wit, but musically they were mostly doing a lot of covers of old R and B tunes. So the reation to them, and the rest of the British invasion, had to do with the times as well.
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I mean today's artists have never come close.

Comment

<sigh> my Beatle babies are all grown up and saving China!!!!! LOL (I use that line with my daughters all the time - My baby is all grown up and saving China!)

Okay - I'm one of the early screaming meemies of the Beatles - of course through the years of growing up I changed my favortie - ultimately I'm a die hard John Lennon fan - but I'm grieving over what Paul is going through right now.

Anyone ever go to a Beatlefest in LA? At the Bonneventure Hotel - what a blast, three years in a row for me - met Harry Nilsson there - good times!
              Spell Binding Books
              http://www.spellbindingbookstore.com
              The new bookstore on the corner - We sell books, movies and Annalee Dolls!
              We have awesome shipping prices - check us out!
              Need your book reviewed? Want to market your contest, book, website, signing?
              Contact us info@spellbindingbookstore.com for more details!

Comment

My parents were never into the Beatle's so I didn't have one Beatle's album in the house. I was 3 when they came to America so I didn't know about the hysteria.

I started to appreciate their music in 1985 when I married my hubby. Now, I just love them and my girls love them too.

Here in CA where I live we can listen to Breakfast with the Beatles on one of our local radio stations on Sunday's. I think it's from 8am-noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Trac View Post

Anyone ever go to a Beatlefest in LA? At the Bonneventure Hotel - what a blast, three years in a row for me - met Harry Nilsson there - good times!
                  My hubby and I went to a few those fests!! I miss them.

Comment

Beatles fan here since the early 60's!!!

Comment

I love the Beatles
                      :crazylegs

Comment

I've got every British album on CD, The Capital Albums, Past Masters 1 and 2, all 3 Anthologys on disc, The Beatles 1, The Anthology book, a book that holds records of all their recording sessions at Abbey Road, Beatles shirts, a Beatles cap... Wow. I'm a big geek.

Comment

don't forget the 40th anniversary of the album 'sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band'.
                          kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

And I know The Beatles were fans of the pre-fab four.
                            I thought the "Pre-Fab Four" were The Monkees? I remember the press always called them that.

I've been a Beatles fan since the mid 80's (my uncle gave me a couple of his old albums, which I still have today). It was weird because my mom never liked them... she liked Elvis & the Beach Boys. But she's bought me Beatles stuff over the years so it's all good.

don't forget the 40th anniversary of the album 'sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band'.
                            It was 40 years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play...

Comment

The Beatles...best band ever, hands down.
                              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X