This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Movie

Both DLR and DCA were too crowded for my liking on Sunday, so I decided since I was already there I'd go see a movie in DTD. My choice was "Epic Movie".

I didn't expect a specatacular movie, and I wasn't dissapointed in that respect. It was alright, but I think most of the funny stuff is already shown in the previews. I think they tried to jam in as many movie tie-ins as they could and that is what ruined it in my opinion.

This movie is alright if you want to just waste some time and have NOTHING else to watch when going to the movies. But, if you're into fauns making out heavily with beavers then this movie is for you.

If you have kids, I suggest you think twice about bringing them to see this. It is rated PG-13, but there were some scenes and language that I don't think I'd want a 13 year old to see ... even though it is done in a joking matter (I wouldn't want a 13 year old knowing what polishing a knob really means).

Re: Epic Movie

Although I haven't seen Epic Movie (yet) it seems to me from the trailers that it's in the "Date Movie" style - i.e just recreating scenes from various movies is supposed to be funny in itself.

It makes me yearn for the more non-specific spoofs, where genre conventions and movie cliches were sent up (e.g Airplane, Naked Gun, Young Frankenstein etc) instead of "here's that famous scene from the movie you liked but with added fart and sex jokes" that arrived with Scary Movie.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Scary Movie franchise for what it is, but the really great spoofs don't require intimate knowledge of a particular film to work.

It just strikes me as kind of lazy.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

I saw it yesterday.....Lots of inside jokes, some funny some not. But what shocked me was the amount of young kids...9 and younger seeing it. And you could hear them asking questions every few minutes...what does this or that mean....Not something I would take my boys to. This movie is one for home rental viewing...save your 10 bucks.
      HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

Originally posted by PeaJay18 View Post
        Although I haven't seen Epic Movie (yet) it seems to me from the trailers that it's in the "Date Movie" style - i.e just recreating scenes from various movies is supposed to be funny in itself.

It makes me yearn for the more non-specific spoofs, where genre conventions and movie cliches were sent up (e.g Airplane, Naked Gun, Young Frankenstein etc) instead of "here's that famous scene from the movie you liked but with added fart and sex jokes" that arrived with Scary Movie.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Scary Movie franchise for what it is, but the really great spoofs don't require intimate knowledge of a particular film to work.

It just strikes me as kind of lazy.
        Good point. I spent about half of Scary Movie 3 puzzled since I never saw The Grudge or Saw.

The only reason I have any interest in Epic Movie is Crispin Glover.
        sigpic
        Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
          I saw it yesterday.....Lots of inside jokes, some funny some not. But what shocked me was the amount of young kids...9 and younger seeing it. And you could hear them asking questions every few minutes...what does this or that mean....Not something I would take my boys to. This movie is one for home rental viewing...save your 10 bucks.
          Especially with them saying the White "B" a lot. Among adults I really don't care what they say, but when there are kids around I'd rather not have them hear that kind of language.

Comment

I thought it was the dumbest movie ever.

Comment

I actually really liked it because i got a lot of what they were doing. I just wouldn't recommend it to people who are really young.
              sigpic

ithinksometimes
              yuh have to `lose someone
              completely b.e.f.o.r.e you can
              figure out what they `really
              `----->>|[mean to you]|e e e
              = n =

Hakuna Matata
              [[ IT MEANS NO WORRIES]]

Comment

My fiance and I want to see this at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood. We are going to have a drink before because we are thinking that by doing this the pain of watching the movie will not be that bad. When we went to see Talladega Nights at the Arclight the showing we saw was the one that was attached with the bar. When you have some alcohol in you things just seem a little bit funnier.

Comment

I thought it was pretty bad. It was not as funny as I thought it would be, and there was so much worse than pg13 stuff in it. I would not recommend seeing it.
                  If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

The first Scary Movie was funny, each movie afterward and the spinoff franchises suck more than the last.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X