X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cinderella III: A Twist in Time' reviews

Cinderella III: A Twist in Time

(Animated -- Direct-to-Video)
    Expect healthy if not quite humongous sales and rentals for "Cinderella III: A Twist in Time," Disney's second made-for-vid sequel to the Mouse Factory's 1950 take on the classic fairy tale. Lightly amusing animated vidpic should satisfy its obvious target aud of easily distracted moppets, doting and/or indulgent parents and grandparents, and tweeners who still dream of becoming princesses.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...ryid=1269&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Cinderella III: A Twist in Time' reviews

A disgrace.

Comment

Maybe it's because I don't have any daughters, but I wouldn't dream of buying this. I'm really tired of these direct-to-video sequels. :thumbdown:
      <o>

Comment

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
        Maybe it's because I don't have any daughters, but I wouldn't dream of buying this. I'm really tired of these direct-to-video sequels. :thumbdown:
        Yeah, I wouldn't even dream of getting this for my niece! Only the originals for her, no sequels!!! I tried to watch a preview type thing of it on the Disney site to see how bad it really is and I couldn't take more than two minutes of it. Just awful. :yuck:
        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Perhaps if all of us grew a pair and refused to buy it, it might have an impact.
          Yeah, there aren't enough of us, but we'd all feel better and $12 richer for the effort.

Comment

Actually, I really enjoyed the movie. The songs could use work, but other than that it was good.
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

It really bothers me to think that if I lower my expectations, and dump $20 of straight to video shlock, that I will think it's just O.K...

Peoples, this isn't a reworking of Care Bears, or even Scooby Doo. This is the legacy of Walt Disney's creative direction. A true gem in the the crown of the history of motion picture animation. Reduced to half hearted Saturday morning drivell.

Time and Time again I hear all the grousing about how all the 'Cheap-quels' are really tarnishing the Disney brand name because they keep taking, beloved stand alone films and reducing them to corperate product, for a quick fast buck, and yet people seem to drink the corperate Kool-Aid and buy it.

If we don't buy crap, Disney will stop making crap, and just may be they will spend their time money and talents and releasing QUALITY products. Original ideas. New stories, new lands. Something that people 50 years from now will cherish as we cherish Snow White, Pinocchio, Bambi, Alice, Ariel. ect ect.

I mean what's next?
              Pinocchio II: Back to the Wood

(o.k. off soap box)

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
                Actually, I really enjoyed the movie. The songs could use work, but other than that it was good.
                Sadako liked it too. And I want to buy it.

Comment

For all of you that have an opinion WITHOUT watching it, the basis is, she didn't need MAGIC because the Prince loved her, and she loved him, and LOVE is more powerful than a magic spell. The part with the pumkin coach was AMAZING! I'm never ok with the voices they use *Minnie*cough*Daisy*cough*really obvious*cough and the songs are no "A Dream a Wish Your Heart Makes", but I liked the story and Prince Charming acting goofy and Cinderella stepping up and being a hero. It was cool.
                  It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
                    I'm really tired of these direct-to-video sequels. :thumbdown:
                    I was tired of them since Aladdin 2.

I'm glad the quality has improved since the early 90s and that some of you like them, butwhile these have made a fortune for Disney, it was partially responsible for the downfall of Disney 2D theatrical animation.

The general public realized that going to the theater for a Disney toon was just too expensive compared to buying a direct to DVD for the home.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I also liked it. Maybe if we all buy it and watch it and boycot the 3-d movies they will go back to disney 2-d. Heck there doing it with The Frog Prince in 2009, now all they need to do is get Alan Menkin on it instead of the guy that does the pixar movie songs.

Comment

^ randy newman.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

while the vast mojority of the half way sequals are crap there are a select few that i like!

all of the lilo and stitch sequals were good as well as kronks new groove, so not all are bad just the latter
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

You know there is a way to do direct-to-video animation, but sequels aren't it.

As Sailerm advises, just say, "No!", to ill-conceived sequels.

Comment

The only one in the cast i recognize is Frank Welker... and he does the cat.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                              Follow us on Twitter
                              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X