X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Tinker Bell' to be Released in Fall 2008 - MarketWatch, 2/9/07

MarketWatch, 2/9/07
    Walt Disney Pictures' 'Tinker Bell' Coming in Fall 2008 From Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment

BURBANK, Calif., Feb 09, 2007 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Walt Disney Pictures' all new CG-animated feature "Tinker Bell" will arrive worldwide in Fall 2008 from Disney's Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment it was announced today by Bob Chapek, president of BVWHE.

"Tinker Bell," produced by DisneyToon Studios, will be the first time audiences hear Tinker Bell speak, as the movie brings to life the amazing world of Disney Fairies, The Walt Disney Company's newest franchise, in all-new CG-animation with Brittany Murphy as the voice of the spunky and sassy fairy. In the tradition of its many animated classics, Disney will bring to life an enchanting tale of Pixie Hollow and Tink's new fairy friends voiced by some of Hollywood's most talented actors.

"'Tinker Bell' represents an incredible franchise opportunity in the home entertainment category," said Chapek. "Audiences will get to know Tinker Bell like never before, and will fall in love with her all over again."
    Disney Fairies builds upon the enormous popularity of Tinker Bell and introduces children to her secret, magical world and a new circle of enchanting fairy friends -- each with an incredibly diverse talent, personality and look. Disney Consumer Products introduced Disney Fairies in 2005 with the release of New York Times best-seller, "Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg," from Disney Publishing Worldwide, followed by an apparel line, toys, a global magazine launch and a series of award-wining chapter books in 2006.
    Full Story: Walt Disney Pictures' 'Tinker Bell' Coming in Fall 2008 From Buena Vista Worldwide Home Entertainment
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: 'Tinker Bell' to be Released in Fall 2008 - MarketWatch, 2/9/07

Wow, that's interesting. It was originally slated for release this spring.

Quality issues, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post

Quality issues, perhaps?
      I heard when John came to Disney, he wanted some stories changes.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Marc Davis is probably spinning in his grave
        See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Joy. More Tinkerbell merch on the way. :bang:
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Quality issues, perhaps?
            Yup, that's what I read in another story somewhere on here. It's being reviewed to improve the storyline. Sadly, the promotional DVD at The Disney Store keeps saying the original release time, March 2007. www.DisneyFairies.com is the site for more information but nothing is really on there last I checked. At least the book series is strong enough on it's own. This is a great new franchise for Disney and I really hope for it to succeed.

Comment

That's really too bad.

Comment

Thanks for the update...my daughter's been asking me about since we received the ad for it inside another DVD. I couldn't find any info anywhere!
                ~ Tami

Comment

I don't understand! TINKERBELL IS NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK! She makes little tinikling bells sounds--hence her name!
                  My mind won't rest
                  and I don't sleep
                  Not even in my dreams...
                  -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                  written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                  1985-2005

Comment

Hence the name, Tinker (fixes pots and pans) Bell (sound she makes). But Brittany Murphy?? To me that's worse than her talking. I keep thinking of her "Clueless" character as our beloved Tink.

Comment

I just hope that Tink isn't creepy looking. 2-D characters don't usually translate well to 3 dimensional models. That's why I don't like the 3-D Tink that shows up on the home videos.

Comment

I love Tinkerbell, and I'm happy there is more merchandise coming out. I also like Britney Murphy. I think the reason Tinkerbell hasn't talked before is maybe only other fairies can understand her....

Comment

Quality issues, perhaps?
                          When Britney Murphy was first hired as her voice, wasn't this to go to Theaters?

Now they tank it to DVD? Sounds like a flop.
                          -----------------------------------------------
                          DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

This will be fasinating to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
                              When Britney Murphy was first hired as her voice, wasn't this to go to Theaters?

Now they tank it to DVD? Sounds like a flop.
                              The rumor about Tinker Bell being released in theaters has been around for a while, but Buena Vista Home Entertainment has been involved in the project from the beginning, so that tells me the intent was always to release it directly to video.

Delaying a movie's release (whether in theaters or direct-to-video) a year and a half is never a good sign, but the word is John Lasseter wants to make sure Disney gets it right. That's a reason for optimism--and a testament to the clout Lasseter's wielding at Disney right now. These aren't minor tweaks they're making to the film. This is a major overhaul.

We'll see . . . .

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X