This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom Of the Opera

Okay, I feel real sheepish :blush: about this but, why must you keep your hand at the level of your eyes?

I have a theory but it's got holes. So, why?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Re: Phantom Of the Opera

Because the Phantom has his Lasso...and by keeping ur hand at the level of your eye...you cant be choked basically...at first i though it had to do with covering your eyes so you wouldnt see the phantoms face...but no...its the lasso

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

that's what I thought! Cool! So I'm not all dumb.
      "But every night, when it gets dark
      and the stars come out,
      I'll look up on her behalf.
      I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
        Because the Phantom has his Lasso...and by keeping ur hand at the level of your eye...you cant be choked basically...at first i though it had to do with covering your eyes so you wouldnt see the phantoms face...but no...its the lasso
        Correct. If you read the book is makes it much more clear.

Plus it's just an awesome book.
        St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

it is an awesome book, and an awesome play. i cant wait tell they start touring it around again. i heard it was this year has anybody herad that as well??

Comment

I think the book is better than the play. Christine doesn't come off quite so dumb, and I think it explains things that the play leaves out.

Comment

It is touring again next season.

http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com...aspx?cityID=12

Won't be here in Portland until Sept. 2008 though. I'm patient.

Comment

The is the one show that I was completely underwhelmed by.

Comment

It was a play that I was satisfied with, but the movie left me vastly underwhelmed.
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

My mother played this music for me as a child even gave me the middle name Christine but I hadn't seen the musical until this past year for my 18th birthday. I was pleased with it. It was defintely better than the movie but the book is still my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      The is the one show that I was completely underwhelmed by.
                      Off Topic:

I know you can be underwhelmed and I know you can be overwhelmed, but can you just be whelmed?
                      What an idiot....

Comment

Originally posted by Tui View Post
                        I know you can be underwhelmed and I know you can be overwhelmed, but can you just be whelmed?
                        I guess not. When I typed it in dictionary.com it meant to overwhelm or cover with water. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by bella View Post
                          I guess not. When I typed it in dictionary.com it meant to overwhelm or cover with water. Haha.

I think you can be just whelmed in Europe. That's the word on the street at least.
                          What an idiot....

Comment

I LOVED the movie. I never got to see the tour, though, but oh well. I saw it in theaters and fell in love with the music and the costumes and the entire movie and bought the 2-disc dvd and soundtrack and got my mom hooked on it as well. The Phantom is HOT (in and out of costume) and the guy who plays Raoul is also pretty cute (even without the long hair and sideburns).

I also always wondered about the 'keep your hand at the level of your eyes' thing as well, my mom kept asking me what it meant and I had no clue, so thanks for explaining it to me.
                            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Off Topic:

I think you can be just whelmed in Europe. That's the word on the street at least.
                              I mean, I love my sketchers, but I LOVE my Prada backpack.

Tui, you and I are on the same wavelength...and that frightens me.

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm glad someone brought this up. I was always curious about it and now, I know! Also, I think that Phantom is playing at the Venitian in Vegas right know. And like other have said...play in person...MUCH better than the movie version.
                              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X