X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cars' wins best animated feature award - USA Today, 2/12/07

USA Today, 2/12/07
    'Cars' wins best animated feature award

Cars, from The Walt Disney Co. and Pixar Animation Studios, defeated a crowd of contenders that included Happy Feet from Warner Bros., Over the Hedge, from DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc., Monster House from Sony Pictures, a division of Sony Corp., and Open Season, also from Sony Pictures.

The Annie Awards are presented by The International Animated Film Society. The winner has gone on to claim the Oscar for animated feature every year since the Academy Award for animation was created.

Three films are contending for the animated feature Oscar to be presented Feb. 25, including Cars,Monster House and Happy Feet.

Cars takes place in a world populated by talking autos and tells the story of Lightning McQueen, an overconfident contender on the NASCAR circuit who gets sidetracked in Radiator Springs, an aging town on old Route 66 that was bypassed by an interstate highway.

While there, McQueen, voiced by Owen Wilson, encounters a ragtag bunch including Mater, voiced by Larry the Cable Guy, and Doc, voiced by Paul Newman.

The film was inspired by a personal journey director John Lasseter made with his family after completing the filming of 1999's Toy Story 2.
    Full Story: 'Cars' wins best animated feature award
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: 'Cars' wins best animated feature award - USA Today, 2/12/07

Very well deserved!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Re: 'Cars' wins best animated feature award - USA Today, 2/12/07

It was that waterfall... Heck, yeah, you know what I am talking about... I have yet to see anything as stunning...
      Check out my other blog:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X