Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Disneyland we knew - OC Register 5/29/05

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Disneyland we knew - OC Register 5/29/05

Article from The OC Register available at ocregister.com (free registration required) - 5/29/05
    The Disneyland we knew
    Teenage summer hires shared a bond playing their Magic Land roles

By KENNETH SWIFT
    The Tustin resident is a finance manager at a local electronics firm.

Since Disneyland is almost officially 50 years old, I guess those of us locals who can remember opening day have to 'fess up to being of a similar age. Though I wasn't there on that famous day, my parents insisted to me that we did visit one time that same summer. I say insist because I have no recollection although I'm told I had a good time despite being scared to death by the wicked witch in the Snow White ride ("Have an apple, dearie").

However, there are thousands of fellow Orange County old-timers like me who can probably remember at least one special day related to Disneyland: the date we began a first day of summer employment. For me, the day was May 1, 1971, and the glamorous job to which I was assigned was sweeping trash and preventing other foreign substances from otherwise adhering to the shoes of the guests.
    My finger points.

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X