• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Archie' comics artist dies at 85 - USA TODAY 2/15/07

Archie comics artist dies at 85

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...rds-obit_x.htm
    Last edited by ALIASd; 02-14-2007, 08:39 PM. Reason: sp
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Archie' comics artist dies at 85 - USA TODAY 2/15/07

Awwwww! I grew up reading Archie comics!

Comment

Archie was quite a comic stuck in time. Throughout the years, never did stray from its 50s comics sensibility. I quite admire the comics for being able to survive nearly unchanged as most comics try to be edgier.

My favorite was when Archie teamed up with the Punisher. I'm not kidding. There was a villain that looked like Archie that the Punisher was after.... but, best part was at the very end, when it showed Professor X talking to Wolverine about going after quite possibly the most powerful mutant ever -- who happened to look a lot like Jughead.

I never quite understood the Christian Archie comics. All of a sudden, the entire school is suddenly VERY Christian for a span of 2 or 3 books and all anybody in the school can talk about is Jesus, yet throughout the entire run, they were never like that?!
      -Tim

Comment

Awwww I used to LOVE Archie comics when I was a kid!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Awe I use to love them he will be missed
          :crazylegs

Comment

I remember watching the television show. Archie's and then Josie and the *****cats.
            It was actually a great show. Jughead was one of my favorite characters.
            The song is stuck in my head now... Arrchieeess! Arrchieeess!
            1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              Awwwww! I grew up reading Archie comics!
              Many an Archie comic book was bought by me with me 25 cents a week allowance back in the day...Archie, Betty, Veronica, Reggie, and of course Jughead to name a few...what memories.

Pour a little sugar on me.

--Barry
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X