Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses - The Independent (UK), 2/17/07

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses - The Independent (UK), 2/17/07

The Independent (UK), 2/17/07
    Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses

Britain is awash with little girls in ballgowns and tiaras. Sales of Disney's Princess range are up 1,000 per cent. What's going on? And what happened to feminism? Katy Guest investigates a billion-pound business

In a quiet corner of Toys R Us in south London, two little girls have found what they are looking for. It is 4.30pm on a schoolday afternoon, but at the back of the shop there is a church-like calm as one picks up a pink box-set. "Do you know what this is?" she asks, her four-year-old's voice hushed with reverence. Her friend inexplicably puts on an American accent: "Sparkles," she whispers, awed. "No ... it is tassels," replies the former, grandly. They hold up the object of their desire, turning it in their little hands as if it were a jewel.
    Full Story: Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses - The Independent (UK), 2/17/07

That's because all little girls are princesses. And just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I'm not a feminist.

Comment

Re: Why Britain is going crazy for little princesses - The Independent (UK), 2/17/07

"princess" = entitled brat?
      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

yep..everyone is a princess just like everyone else..how special...

Comment

ORGOCH: Well, I gots news fer all them prissy princesses 'cause I out-ranks ev'ry one of 'em! I's a QUEEN!!

ORWEN: Yeah, the Queen of MEAN!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Independent (UK), 2/17/07 View Post
            Launched in 1999, the range includes eight of Disney's most successful princesses: Pocahontas, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Cinderella, Mulan and Arie
            I've yet to see any Princess branded Pocahontas merchandise...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X