• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney To Offer Princess Wedding Dresses - Central Florida News 13, 2/24/07

Central Florida News 13, 2/24/07
    Disney To Offer Princess Wedding Dresses

Full Story: Disney To Offer Princess Wedding Dresses
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Re: Disney To Offer Princess Wedding Dresses - Central Florida News 13, 2/24/07

More info from the Orlando Sentinal:

by Christopher Boyd

If your nuptial dreams include a fairy-tale wedding, Walt Disney Co. might have the perfect solution.

The company is using its stable of imaginary princesses as inspiration for a new line of wedding gowns. Disney and bridal designer Kirstie Kelly have developed a line of ethereal gowns that pay homage to Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty.

"They will be high-fashion and very modern," said Paulette Cleghorn, president of Designer Loft Productions, a New York public-relations firm representing Kelly. "We are modernizing the princess concept. There is a difference between a girl who is inspired by Snow White and one who wants to dress like Snow White."
    Full Story: Brides can soon say 'I do' like a princess at Disney
    Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Okay, where are the pictures! I want to see these "...high-fashion and very modern," but still Disney Princess gowns. These could be attractive. :cwink:

Comment

Awww, no pictures or concept sketches?

Cool ide anyway. =D
        Disneyland Photos:
        01.02.2006 (facebook album)
        02.25.2006 - Totally random trip
        Spring break 2006 - WALT DISNEY WORLD (also has some random spring break pics in)
        08.01.2006 -Club 33 trip!
        My first MC trip report!
        More to come, of course! =D

Deluxe Annual Pass purchased - 12.09.2006

Comment

Oh.. and the dresses are for men.
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Awesome, I'll take one please. Now I just gotta find someone to marry
            Is this haunted signature
            actually
            stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
            Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
            also known as...
            Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

The best part is Disney costumes always come in XXL, so they are perfect for Halloween cross-dressing!

Comment

Disney to Sell Princess-Themed Dresses - First Coast News - 02/24/07

Article from First Coast News - February 24, 2007
                Disney to Sell Princess-Themed Dresses

WINGER PARK, FL (AP) -- Every little girl who ever dreamed of being a princess on her wedding day might soon have her chance. Walt Disney Company and bridal designer Kirstie Kelly have developed a line of gowns that pay homage to Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty

The gowns will be high-fashion and very modern. Solutions Bridal in Winter Park will be the only store in Central Florida to carry the line, which will retail from about one-thousand to three-thousand dollars.

Disney will initially offer 34 gowns, which will be available in Central Florida and Southern California in June and other bridal shops throughout North America and Japan after than. The line will be expanded to include bridesmaid dresses, flower-girl dresses and jewelry in October.

Comment

No Belle inspired one

Am I the only one regretting this?

Comment

I'm thinking the flower girl dresses will look really adorable!! :cwink:

And Jay Leno just made a joke about these dresses saying that if a guy is marrying a girl with one of these dresses on she is TOO YOUNG! :ap: (Young at heart is probably more like it.)

Comment

Check out the Tokyo Disney Resort Ambassador page, they've been doing this for a while
                      http://www.disneyweddingsjapan.com/j...dre/index.html
                      with pictures and a Belle gown.

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
                        Check out the Tokyo Disney Resort Ambassador page, they've been doing this for a while
                        http://www.disneyweddingsjapan.com/j...dre/index.html
                        with pictures and a Belle gown.
                        Interesting. I wonder if these dresses they speak of will be similar or new designs all together because some of those dresses are BIG! (When they say 'princess' they mean it with those skirts.)

Comment

Originally posted by Aliabes View Post
                          No Belle inspired one

Am I the only one regretting this?

Noooooooooooooooooo..... That would be the one I would want!
                          sigpic
                          Elsa's and Anna's
                          Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

If there's going to be 34 gowns, I'd imagine that Belle will be included (they'd be fools not to). Odd that the Tokyo one doesn't have the bunched-up feature.

This is awesome I can't wait to see the designs.

Comment

*GASP* GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT MINE MINE MINE!!!!!

(That is not even the beginning of my outburst, folks!)

NOW, combine them with a Stevie Nicks look and I think I will die!
                              Last edited by sorceress1986; 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM.
                              My mind won't rest
                              and I don't sleep
                              Not even in my dreams...
                              -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                              written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                              1985-2005

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X