This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Actor of the Week: Daws Butler

Before I start I have to mention Grace Stafford. She was one of the first names that ever stood out to me in the credits when watched cartoons. I tried to find out if she did other voices but it seems that she just did the one for many, many years...Woody Woodpecker!
    Now back to Daws. Best known for Yogi Bear and being a mentor to many voice artists including Nancy Cartwright. Actually he seems to have done all the fun wacky characters including Beany from the Cecil and Beany show. Other fun voices he did that I got a kick out of were
    Chilly Willy
    Huckleberry Hound
    Elroy Jetson
    Baba Looey
    Quick Draw McGraw
    Snagglepuss
    Well there's a bunch more but you get the idea. Which ones did you love that I didn't add? Trust me there's a few.
    Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Re: Voice Actor of the Week: Daws Butler

The sad fact that most motion pictures are going for name A listers, prevents anyu modern day voice over actor to excel at his craft.

Studios would much rather have Cameran Diaz's name on the marque than a Tress Mcneil performance

Comment

Originally posted by sailerm View Post
      The sad fact that most motion pictures are going for name A listers, prevents anyu modern day voice over actor to excel at his craft.

Studios would much rather have Cameran Diaz's name on the marque than a Tress Mcneil performance
      Yes and no. There are many things that a voice artist, a talanted voice artist can do that no other person in the world can do. Also back in the golden age of voice actors many took their roots in radio. Even today it's hard to find someone who started out with voice acting. Something came before be it comedy, radio, television and even the humble animator.
      Nemo's not in slumberland anymore!

Comment

I think having a polular actor distracts from the animated voice.
        I like to try to guess who the voice actor is but if it sounds too much like the "star" it is just no fun.

I really liked Chilly Willy! I though he was a cutie!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X