X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cal4iri
    • Mar 2006

Harry Potter-Book 7 Death Predictions

Who do you guys think is going to die in book 7, The Dealthy Hallows???

J.K. previously mentioned that 2 people were going to die in book 7.
    Do you know if that number has changed? I thought I remember hearing on a Podcast that some things might have changed while she was finishing up the book.
  • Alice's Wonderland
    Directly directed
    • Feb 2005

Re: Harry Potter-Book 7 Death Predictions

I think Voldermort obviously, possibly Snape because I don't think Harry can forgive him and Harry Potter. And I heard at least 2 will die.

Comment

• cal4iri
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
      I think Voldermort obviously, possibly Snape because I don't think Harry can forgive him and Harry Potter. And I heard at least 2 will die.
      "at least" 2 huh? So it's possible there could be more.
      I can't see only 2 people going only.

I think it's going to be Harry and Voldermort......I think, maybe......

Comment

• CutebutClueless
        • Mar 2006

dumbledore (he is not really dead yet) and Voldemort... and i think hagrid will go too.

Comment

• CutebutClueless
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
          "at least" 2 huh? So it's possible there could be more.
          I can't see only 2 people going only.

I think it's going to be Harry and Voldermort......I think, maybe......

it would be too obvious a move to kill harry AND voldemort off, i will be very disappointed in jk rowling if her origionality flies out the window for this last book!

Comment

• cal4iri
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by CutebutClueless View Post
            it would be too obvious a move to kill harry AND voldemort off, i will be very disappointed in jk rowling if her origionality flies out the window for this last book!
            I've thought of that too and tha'ts the main reason I doubt my picks.
            I do think Harry is going to die though. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

• cal4iri
              • Mar 2006

Do you guys ever listen to the Pottercast or Mugglecast podcasts?
              Pottercast has some talk regarding this subject today.

Comment

• sediment
                Banned User
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                Who do you guys think is going to die in book 7, The Dealthy Hallows???

J.K. previously mentioned that 2 people were going to die in book 7.
                Do you know if that number has changed? I thought I remember hearing on a Podcast that some things might have changed while she was finishing up the book.
                What JKR said was that two people she hadn't planned to have die would die, but that a third one that she had intended to have die would not die.
                Lots of characters will die in this book. Mostly bit-part characters, such as Emmeline Vance and Amelia Bones in Book 6 (each noted in Book 5).

The two might be a pair. Fred and George, perhaps?

She might have meant either Draco or Ron to die. Ron dying would mean that Hermione would end up a spinster (not unlike Prof McGonagall, and take her place at Hogwarts, never to love again). Plus it provides a story for Ron capturing glory and/or riches that he so sorely wants (Voldemort giving it to him, for a price). The Draco-ending-up-good story-and-dying-for-the-good-cause is too easy, IMO, and he would work with Potter only if Voldy kills his parents and he has nowhere else to turn. And even then he's not so trustworthy. Maybe Luna could tame him?

Anything can happen, though. Officially at 784 pages, US version.

Comment

• chickerz
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2007

i think it will be harry
                  its the only way the series will die
                  GrouchyRob Fan!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• cal4iri
                    • Mar 2006

[quote=sediment;1537550]What JKR said was that two people she hadn't planned to have die would die, but that a third one that she had intended to have die would not die.
                    Lots of characters will die in this book. Mostly bit-part characters, such as Emmeline Vance and Amelia Bones in Book 6 (each noted in Book 5).quote]

So that's what it is then huh? I knew there was more to it than just 2 people dieing.

Comment

• Trekkie Dad
                      state supported cyclist
                      • Sep 2005

I've thought about this some, and I think the death of Harry, Ron, or Hermoine would be a far too negative way to end. And Voldemort has to die. Anyone else is a possibility, including the Dursleys. I think their role (especially that of Aunt Petunia) has been underplayed but hinted at. She is far more involved (even unwillingly) than we have been allowed to know. I'm guessing threads that were dropped in the very first book will be picked up in the last.
                      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                      sigpic

Comment

• cal4iri
                        • Mar 2006

You guys don't think J.K. will kill Harry off so nobody can write him into something in the future and mess up her little baby?

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                          Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

If Ron died then Hermione would be a spinster? :bink: What?

I think Snape will die - as he's redeeming himself, I think Voldy will kill him.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                            MiceChatter
                            • Feb 2005

I should not have read this thread!!!

I have seen the movies, and just started reading the books last week. I'm already on Prisoner of Azkhaban, but obviously apart from the Dumbledore thing I don't know much about books 5 and 6.

I'm going to try and avoid reading this thread anymore as certain things already have me scratching my head.

Comment

• sediment
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                              If Ron died then Hermione would be a spinster? :bink: What?
                              Oh yeah. She might even lose her powers for a while. In case you haven't noticed, she's head-over-heels for him. Couldn't love any other. Thing is, she's so confident of their love that she doesn't have any of those inhabitions one usually finds in lovers. She doesn't get all girly-giggly around him. Just a fact of life that she accepts.

Oh, and when there is some issue with Ron in HBP (have to be vague, for clinky), something that threatened that confidence, Hermione is most shaken.
                              Last edited by sediment; 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• sediment
                                Banned User
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                I should not have read this thread!!!

I have seen the movies, and just started reading the books last week. I'm already on Prisoner of Azkhaban, but obviously apart from the Dumbledore thing I don't know much about books 5 and 6.

I'm going to try and avoid reading this thread anymore as certain things already have me scratching my head.
                                Crookshanks turns out to be a magical goat. Chapter 14 in Half-Blood Prince. I won't say how, but as you ride through the u-turn, just keep looking at the goat. It's a neat trick, I tell you.

My youngest is reading through them for some special reading assignment at school. There is a quiz to take, and points for passing, etc. Anyway, the quizzes usually have questions pertaining to the books that are NOT in the movies. I'm in charge of preparing him for the quiz. These re-readings lead to interesting discoveries. I hope you're enjoying them.
                                Last edited by sediment; 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                                  Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                                  Oh yeah. She might even lose her powers for a while. In case you haven't noticed, she's head-over-heels for him. Couldn't love any other. Thing is, she's so confident of their love that she doesn't have any of those inhabitions one usually finds in lovers. She doesn't get all girly-giggly around him. Just a fact of life that she accepts.

Oh, and when there is some issue with Ron in HBP (have to be vague, for clinky), something that threatened that confidence, Hermione is most shaken.
                                  Well, yeah, I know that she likes him and he likes her and blah and blah and all that jazz. I'm just not sure it will lead to spinsterhood if he dies. I'm sure she could find someone else.

Do we even know that McG is a spinster? Has it been mentioned that she never had a lover or husband or anything? Hmm... why don't any of the teachers' appear to have SOs? I suppose it's not necessary to the story.
                                  Good morning, son
                                  In twenty years from now
                                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                  It was pain
                                  Sunny days and rain
                                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• sediment
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

That's why Ron won't die. Makes for a happier ending. He's the one that gets spared, when he was originally going to get offed, that JKR is referring to. All my guesses, of course, but then, it is a predictions thread.

I can only assume that living at Hogwarts requires some not living with one's spouse. I can imagine Arthur and Molly Weasley working as teachers together. Maybe it's a, "Well, I'm married so I couldn't possibly teach at Hogwarts." Maybe it's what happens often in England's (or the US's) boarding schools, so it is a parallel extension of that school of thought (pun pending). Teaching is a 24/7 job at Hogwarts.

Comment

• jesjas03
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Dec 2006

i think ron or hermoine. its gotta be someone significant. harry probably but thatd be a waste. maybe draco or snape redeeming themselves.
                                      If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

Comment

• cal4iri
                                        • Mar 2006

You know what would be real sad to me? If Harry and Ginny's relationship moves on and Ginny dies at the end...........

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X