This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Simpsons Unsolved Question

What state do you think the Simpsons live in?

They have never said it on the show and have always made little teases making you think they live in one state but it always is a joke. In one episode, theyve been rejected in all 49 states except North Dakota and they plan to visit it as theyre next trip. My theory says that they live in Washington D.C. On some episodes, theyve went to the white house and didnt take a lengthy drive or an airplane. Well, D.C isnt a state so maybe they live there.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

actually it was two states they hadn't been kicked out of- Arizona is the other one- but they crossed it off the map because according to Bart "Arizona smells funny"
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

There is a Springfield in Maryland too DLC. They picked Springfield because its the most common name for a city in the U.S. I think they live in California thats been my guess ever since the Skywalker ranch episode. I do know the comic book store guy's name Jeff Albertson. They said that earlier this year for the first time.
      I find it hard
      It's hard to find
      Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
        ...according to Bart "Arizona smells funny"
        Bart got it wrong. That's actually New Mexico.
        "George Bush... is only for now."
        Avenue Q

Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyJCA
          Bart got it wrong. That's actually New Mexico.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I hate New Mexico, and it DOES smell funny! I say the rosary the entire time we have to drive through!
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

didn't they say it in the behind the laughter episode?

Comment

They did say "for this northern kentucky family". But still, idk.
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                They did say "for this northern kentucky family". But still, idk.
                There is also another episode when I think it's Homer says something about South of the border and Bart responds, "you mean Tennessee?" which is the state south of Kentucky..so another clue there maybe.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

I am always drawn to the episode where Homer and Ned enlist the boys in scouting and they take a river rafting trip. They look at the map and indicate where they live but as they do it, the clevering cover our perspective with heads...

In that episode the raft travels down to the ocean and they end up on an oil refiner on the west coast...so my theory is something on this side of the contiential divide, especially considering how close they are to the desert...maybe Colorado? Weird if both the Simpson and South Park were based in the same state.

Comment

Matt Groening grew up in my current SW Portland neighborhood, went to the local high school and named some characters after streets in the area. Bob Terwilliger (which is where I live), Ned Flanders, Quimby, Kearney, Lovejoy, etc.

There's also a Springfield in Oregon.

Hahaha, I wrote all that and then saw this on imdb:

Many of the characters are named after major streets in Portland, Oregon, where creator Matt Groening grew up. Examples: Flanders, Lovejoy, Terwilliger, Kearney.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X