X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is POTC allowed but SOS is not?

here me out...

when jack arrives at port royal in 'black pearl' the dock master walks up to him, at his side is a small black boy. being that it's the 1700's it's assumed that this boy is a slave. so my question is why does disney allow this movie to show slavery and be shown, while in SOS the charcters are freed slaves and it's not shown?

this is something thats been on my mind for a while
    sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Re: why is POTC allowed but SOS is not?

:botox:

Ok, now you're not even trying...

Comment

What's SOS???

(only kidding)

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

1st...I didn't ASSume the kid was a slave. If you did ok, but don't further assume everyone else did.

2nd...I don't see PotC "showing" slavery except that ONE scene, and I refer to you to #1 in regards to that.

3rd...SotS wasn't "vaulted" as far as I know for "showing slavery" but because some of the actual subject matter (the "tar baby" is a prime example) could be concidered offensive.

4th...hasn't this all been discussed in MANY other threads? Don't use PotC as an excuse to drag it up yet again.

Comment

ignoring there were slaves at the time would be like sticking your head in the sand and trying to erase history

Comment

Oh my God, more of this stuff. I never see such a worry about this things here XDD
            Wowww, you people really care about sucha things.

But the racial issue became so popular these days in Mice chat, I wonder why... XD

But I have to say something again.

What on earth is SOS? By the way

And Why on Earth people think the little black boy is an slave?? XDD

I never in my life saw it that way
            , I see people like that every day and they are not slaves at all.

Life is that way here, perhaps different from what you know, for a big percentage of population, and there are poor people (of any color if you care so much about skin color) and children has to work that way.

So perhaps for you we are all " slaves " or something XDDDDDDDD
            Last edited by Puppet_Master; 03-30-2007, 07:27 AM.
            We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
            You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
            Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
            tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
            cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
            siete, ocho, no duermas aún
            nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

Comment

SOS = someone's short hand for Song of the South (the movie)

Comment

Originally posted by Puppet_Master View Post
                Oh my God, more of this stuff. I never see such a worry about this things here XDD
                Wowww, you people really care about sucha things.

But the racial issue became so popular these days in Mice chat, I wonder why... XD

But I have to say something again.

What on earth is SOS? By the way

And Why on Earth people think the little black boy is an slave?? XDD

I never in my life saw it that way, I see people like that every day and they are not slaves at all.

Life is that way here, perhaps different from what you know, for a big percentage of population, and there are poor people (of any color if you care so much about skin color) and children has to work that way.

So perhaps for you we are all " slaves " or something XDDDDDDDD
                Yes how silly of us to care about history, especially the more unfortunate parts of history...no need to learn from it or anything (dripping sarcasm) inch:

I do agree in the PotC movie I didn't see that child as a slave. There was indeed slavery at that time but, especially in the Caribbean, being black did not automatically mean "slave." The kid could have been a servant, and apprentice, some kid who worked the docks for coin, who knows. :captain:

SoS is that persons abbreviation for the movie Song of the SOuth which has been vaulted by Disney because some consider parts of it "insensative" to African Americans due to part of it's content. It's been discussed here many times very meticulously. :sleep:

Comment

This thread sucks.

Anyway, that kid was a local and the filmmakers thought it would be cool to put him in the movie.

So, sue them for doing something cool for the kid.

yeesh.
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Again....really.

Song of the South and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl are two entirely different and separate entities, and the issues they address in each are done so in a way that is highly converse from the other. Watch Song of the South, and then after watching that, view PotC again. There really isn't anything to get your feathers ruffled up over.
                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                      Again....really.

Song of the South and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl are two entirely different and separate entities, and the issues they address in each are done so in a way that is highly converse from the other. Watch Song of the South, and then after watching that, view PotC again. There really isn't anything to get your feathers ruffled up over.
                      Agreed.

Comment

why is this thread still going on?

please as the regretful starter of this thread let it die!

this topic seemed like a good idea in my head but i'm sorry that i ever thought it would be good typed up so please let it die!
                        sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by thrax View Post
                          why is this thread still going on?

please as the regretful starter of this thread let it die!

this topic seemed like a good idea in my head but i'm sorry that i ever thought it would be good typed up so please let it die!
                          That would be a good B-movie..."The Thread That Wouldn't Die!!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X