This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney on ice like it or not?

DO you like Disney on ice? Why yes or no?

I saw Monster inc on ice. It was cute for kids. A different Disney experience.
    :crazylegs

Re: Disney on ice like it or not?

I have really liked all of the shows I've seen. We've gone to The Princess one, the Jungle Adventures one and Toy Story 2. They are very well made, high energy and just so much fun for my family and I.

I'm itching to see another one. I wish the one with the Incredibles going to the Magic Kingdom came here, I really wanted to see that one.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

Comment

I saw all of them from the time I was born through Toy Story. I also saw Monsters Inc and I've always loved them. However I did enjoy them more when I was younger. I for sure thought that the ice skaters were talking and that Disney had one heck of a casting director because they sounded just like the voices in the movie.

Comment

I've seen the Princess one, and the world adventure one. They are supercute, and I love ice skating, so the plots always work out really well.

Comment

i think I saw the mermaid one...it was ok...then toy story, it sucked and there were far to many whiny kids around. We didn't go back to any more after that one.

Comment

I have not been to one since Aladdin in 1993. lol. That one was wonderful. I miss the Disney Afternoon one with Talespin and Mickey & The gang. Anyone remeber that one?
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Never been to one.
              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Well, I haven't been to one in a VERY long time - but the ones I did go to, I remembered enjoying. This was more than 20 years ago, though.

Anyone remember Linda Fratianne?

Yeah, I'm dating myself, I know.
                She did it!

Comment

Maybe a micechat on ice trip ?

Comment

We're going to Disneyland on Ice TONIGHT in Ft Lauderdale!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      We're going to Disneyland on Ice TONIGHT in Ft Lauderdale!!!

Hope it was fun

Comment

I took my family to Disney on Ice - 100 Years of Magic in February and we had a great time. Very well done, and I was especially impressed that the characters took time to shake hands with kids that were seated down at the floor level close to the rink. I didn't think they would break from the choreagraphed show to do that.

The show was also good because it showcased a wide array of Disney characters -- Fab Five, Princesses, Pixar (Toy Story, Incredibles, Nemo), It's a Small World, Lion King, and more.

Also, I was pretty surprised by how much stuff they had in the concourse areas. It was practically a Disney Store, not such a good thing when I'm trying to keep costs down!!
                        "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                        --John Lasseter

Comment

I've seen two when I was just a child. One was Beauty & the Beast at the Arrowhead Pond when it had recently opened way back when. I think the other Disney on Ice was more general with the characters they had on there, this was at the Los Angeles Arena where the Clippers used to play at. I believe this one was much older than the B&B. They were usually out around my birthday so my parents would take me as a gift. I remember I got the program for the B&B show and a red rose that lit up with a battery like they sell at Disneyland now.
                          http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                          www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                          http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

I think that I saw one of the Disney On Ice productions a long time ago when they first came out....I think that I either saw Lion King or Little Mermaid or something like that. I personally liked it, probably because I was 5 at the time and going through my "I love ice skating" phase. But looking back on it, it is so much better compared to what came out recently on ice----the dreaded High School Musical...*shutter*
                            Originally posted by Adelade
                            Chica is featured nightly on the Playboy channel

Comment

Disney on Ice tours my area twice a year, and I always go, whether I like the story or not. I prefer DOI that have several different movies blended into the show, not full movie/one subject shows like the Pixar movies usually are. Friday is 100 Years of Magic which is my favorite Disney on Ice ever! This is about my forth time seeing it! I went twice the week The Incredibles in a Magic Kingdom Adventure came to town(and before the name change!)! That one is my second favorite. Haunted Mansion on ice! *swoon*

My favorite thing about Disney on Ice performances is being able to see scenes or characters done in real life that you may never see anywhere else. During Mickey and Minnie's Magical Journey they had a part from Lilo & Stitch which included the Grand Councilwoman of the United Galactic Federation. NEVER in my life did I ever think I was going to see a costume of her. And you never will, unless you see this show. Ooooo, or the three good fairies bringing Aurora's dress on a mannequin, and it flipping from pink to blue. It's a great show visual, and I love it!

And yes, Monkey Joe, I do remember the Disney On Ice that did the Disney Afternoon!!!
                              It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X