This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howl's Moving Castle

We went to a screening at El Capitan this evening. This film is awesome and well worth seeing. Visuals... particularly the backgrounds... are very compelling. I think sometimes the animation is a tad bit jerky, but it is still glorious 2D art. The story can also be a bit confusing... as Miyazaki can sometimes be... but if you just surrender to the film, you'll have a wonderful time. Observation: teenaged girls in the theatre were drooling over Howl!

Another interesting observation: The trailer for "Valiant" began by stating "From the producer of Shrek and Shrek II comes..."
    So... Disney is reduced to saying, "From the guy who kicked our *** around the block the last couple of years, here's a new film we didn't produce either, but at least were smart enough to distribute..."

Pathetic.

Finally: all the previews were for computer-generated 3D animation (except the one for Herbie). They all looked like cheezy cheap throw-aways compared to the 2D feature "Howl's Moving Castle."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

This is great to hear! I can't wait to finally see this film!

News on the film can be found: here, here, here, here, here, and here .
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 06-16-2005, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I'm seeing it on Saturday.

Having just visited the Ghibli Museum and currently just slightly obsessed with all things Ghibli, I cannot WAIT to see the latest film. I will be sporting my JiJi Backpack with a Totoro dangler just to show how geeking I can be.

Comment

Brian & Ali cannot wait to see it! Maybe I can take them sometime this weekend. Alison is mesmerized by Miyazaki's animation style.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I am excited to see it. Unfortunately I won't get to see it until next weekend. Be sure to share what you think -- I keep hearing wonderful things and be careful with the spoilers.

Comment

Jr Miss Sunnygirl and I can't wait to see this one. We both loved Spirited Away, and I've heard this one is just as impressive. Can't wait!
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's good! (Of course, how could it not be, really?)
              A signature should go here.

Comment

glad to hear that people are saying good things about it, we're going to go see it too! (as soon as we can find a theater that carries it around here >_O I swear this state doesn't know what good filming is! It's a miracle we got to see spirited away last time!)

Comment

We're going to see it today at 4 at the El Cap. I'm excited. I hope they have swag.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X