Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Howl's Moving Castle

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howl's Moving Castle

We went to a screening at El Capitan this evening. This film is awesome and well worth seeing. Visuals... particularly the backgrounds... are very compelling. I think sometimes the animation is a tad bit jerky, but it is still glorious 2D art. The story can also be a bit confusing... as Miyazaki can sometimes be... but if you just surrender to the film, you'll have a wonderful time. Observation: teenaged girls in the theatre were drooling over Howl!

Another interesting observation: The trailer for "Valiant" began by stating "From the producer of Shrek and Shrek II comes..."
    So... Disney is reduced to saying, "From the guy who kicked our *** around the block the last couple of years, here's a new film we didn't produce either, but at least were smart enough to distribute..."

Pathetic.

Finally: all the previews were for computer-generated 3D animation (except the one for Herbie). They all looked like cheezy cheap throw-aways compared to the 2D feature "Howl's Moving Castle."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

This is great to hear! I can't wait to finally see this film!

News on the film can be found: here, here, here, here, here, and here .
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 06-17-2005, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I'm seeing it on Saturday.

Having just visited the Ghibli Museum and currently just slightly obsessed with all things Ghibli, I cannot WAIT to see the latest film. I will be sporting my JiJi Backpack with a Totoro dangler just to show how geeking I can be.

Comment

Brian & Ali cannot wait to see it! Maybe I can take them sometime this weekend. Alison is mesmerized by Miyazaki's animation style.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I am excited to see it. Unfortunately I won't get to see it until next weekend. Be sure to share what you think -- I keep hearing wonderful things and be careful with the spoilers.

Comment

Jr Miss Sunnygirl and I can't wait to see this one. We both loved Spirited Away, and I've heard this one is just as impressive. Can't wait!
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's good! (Of course, how could it not be, really?)
              A signature should go here.

Comment

glad to hear that people are saying good things about it, we're going to go see it too! (as soon as we can find a theater that carries it around here >_O I swear this state doesn't know what good filming is! It's a miracle we got to see spirited away last time!)

Comment

We're going to see it today at 4 at the El Cap. I'm excited. I hope they have swag.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X