This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute Bands

You know... bands that "pay tribute" to major acts by playing their songs and pretty much dressing up like the musicians in said bands to being the experience alive.

Seen any? Like them? Loathe them?

I like them if they do it right and can really pull it off. I saw a Who tribute band last year called The Wholigans that were quite good. They totally dressed the part and it was almost like being transported back to the 60's/70's. Last night I saw a U2 tribute band called UV that was quite awesome. I would go see them again.

A friend of mine's band opened for a Poison tribute band last year. I didn't go, but my friend said they were horrible and he left after like 3 songs. :lol:

Re: Tribute Bands

Fab 5.

A tribute to the beatles.

Comment

I've seen quite a few Beatles tribute bands, the best being Rain. Sun Kings are also good.

One of the worst tribute bands I've seen is The Unauthorized Rolling Stones, they were absolutely awful, it doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the Stones at all, but this group was horrid.

Comment

Beatlemania. Another Tribute to the Beatles. I liked them a lot... of course, i did see them for free. Still cool though.

Click the banner! ^^^^
        Follow us on Twitter
        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Dead Man's Party is an excellent Oingo Boingo tribute band.
          See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

I saw the Kiss Army tribute band at Universal yrs ago, they were pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterMatt View Post
              Dead Man's Party is an excellent Oingo Boingo tribute band.
              A friend of mine's husband plays with them sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                Fab 5.

A tribute to the beatles.
                You mean the Fab Four? They're fantastic. I've seen a few other Beatle cover bands and they're nowhere near as good.

Comment

There's a Beatles tribute band called 1964 (or something like that) that's supposedly really good. Been wanting to check them out but every time they come around here I have schedule conflicts.

The British Invasion that plays at Epcot is pretty good too.

Comment

Billy Hills tribute to the Beatles. How can you miss.
                    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                    Originally posted by steamboatpete
                    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

I very much dislike cover bands, most especially (no surprise here) the ones that do Beatles music! Sorry---I just don't like it!

Comment

The last few years the Santa Clarita concerts in the park have been running tribute bands only (after the Young Dubliners make a political statement during their show in 2004 they changed the format to cover bands only...sad really).

Anyway a couple last year that were really good were:

Travelin Band (CCR cover band), Hotel California (eagles).

The year before they have a Val Halen cover band that was pretty good (dont know the name). Also I have heard that Ten a Pearl Jam cover band is pretty good.

Personally it has to be the right music for a cover band, but if its done right it can be entertaining.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Personally it has to be the right music for a cover band, but if its done right it can be entertaining.
                          Agreed. If they can do it right it can be a lot of fun... like the U2 tribute I went to this past weekend. My legs are still sore from jumping around and dancing all night!

What bugs me is bands that cover songs that *just* came out. A local band here does it and it drives me bat****. If you're going to cover songs, they should be at least 20-25 years old.

Comment

I was up in Mammoth last July and there was a band there that covered The Doors. They were amazing!! They sounded exactly like them.
                            I never knew their name though..............

Comment

The Fab Four is without a doubt the best Beatles cover band. I've seen them 3 times: once at Disneyland, once at a show in Irvine, and once at The Orange County Fair last July.

I also like Scot Bruce: A tribute to Elvis- The Early Years!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X