Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

A New Disney Park in Missouri? The Rumor is Gaining Ground

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Disney Park in Missouri? The Rumor is Gaining Ground

The Springfield (Missouri) News-Leader is reporting speculation that the Walt Disney Company could be developing a $1.1 billion theme park in southwest Missouri. Rumors of this kind have been rampant in the Branson area since the mid-90s.

This rumor, however, is getting some traction following an April 12th Newton County commissioners' meeting. A representative of a Springfield company called ARM Risk made inquiries about roads leading to and from the rumored theme park site and presented early specifications to build "six hotels, 95 shops, 27 rides, 12 stages and 18 restaurants" on 1,000 acres of land.

Research into ARM Risk revealed one company owner with an address of 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California (Walt Disney Company headquarters). Another owner's address was listed as Corporate Office, Lake Buena Vista, Florida (the home of the Walt Disney World Resort).

The Walt Disney Company had no comment on the matter.

MiceChat Partner site, O-Meon.com has more on this story here

Source: Springfield News-Leader
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-24-2007, 03:38 PM.

• tigger37
    replied
    Re: A New Disney Park in Missouri? The Rumor is Gaining Ground

Rumors.......The whole idea just doesn't make sense. While the branson area is a thriving tourist destination it just wouldn't be a suitable place for a disney park. The winters are just way too cold to keep a park open year round. For this reason alone I don't think it would ever happen. Could you imagine trying to keep the water in the Jungle cruise from freezing over?

Leave a comment:

• MinneapolisJeff
    replied

If they build it we the mid westerns would come!

Leave a comment:

• dsnyfnatic
    replied

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Disney's Heartland

if they were to build it, that woud be a GREAT name for it, pulling all the right heartstrings and giving it the perfect connotation and built in mental images for people. i'd go.

and to whoever suggested republicanland, id go to that one too! you could literaaly have pink elephants on parade! (or at least red ones). reaganland would be dope, and what better place to move the lincoln AA attraction? su-weet

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Oberleitner
    replied

sediment

A MiceChat member site also debunked this story today and we've got some other interesting Disney dish. At least I think its pretty interesting, but then again I'm not exactly in a postion to be impartial.

Check it out if you like... >>

Leave a comment:

• topazmisskitty
    replied

Thank Goodnes!!

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Some not-allowed-to-be-named site helped to debunk the myth in a story today.
    Summary of the logic is: if Disney went through six fictitious-name companies to buy 10000 acres of Florida swamp, why would DIS use the Disney corporate address on this fictitious name application?
    Guesses in the comments include Six Flags.

Or, DIS might consider building a theater there to house former Broadway shows. They could run for a year or two there before hitting the circuit. Don't know why they'd need 1000 acres for that.

Best guess: land speculators trying to increase the value of their land in order to sell it to some dupe.

Leave a comment:

• NickCharles
    replied

Disney's Republicanland.

Leave a comment:

• symbolic
    replied

Thank god.

Leave a comment:

• disneytim
    replied

Great update DB. Thanks.

I'm curious to see how this plays out now. ARM Risk could be in serious trouble with the Missouri Secretary of State and the AG's office for providing false information.

Assuming it REALLY is false.

Leave a comment:

• Darkbeer
    replied

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...WS01/704240365

QuikQuote: After rumors flew last week that Disney was planning to build a $1.1 billion theme park in the area, Presiding Commissioner Jerry Carter got the word Monday that, as he put it, it's "shenanigans."
    "I just talked to the vice president of public affairs for Disney, and she said there's nothing to it," Carter said.
    Carter said Disney officials didn't recognize the names of any of the three owners of ARM Risk, the company supposedly working to assemble the 1,000 acres of land. "(Disney) can say absolutely that they're not involved in Newton County or in southwest Missouri," Carter said.

Leave a comment:

• Quacky4Donald
    replied

Dissouri? Missney?

Okay, no, those sound more like S.T.D.s or gastro problems.

(Back to the drawing board)

Leave a comment:

• Space Junk
    replied

Disney's Missouri Sea?

ummm...even though its a river lol !

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Originally posted by DoppelV View Post
    Why would any park Disney builds in the Heartland be bastardized?
    LOL, obviously you missed the reference. I was referring to a joke in the Simpsons' episode "Homie the Clown". Homer gets job as a Krusty the Klown impersonator. On graduation day Lisa says, "If there has to be a bastardized version of Krusty, I'm glad it's you." I'm not trying to say that Disney would build a crummy park in Missouri. What I'm really saying is that if Disney was going to build a park elsewhere, I wish it was here.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Disney's America
    This one would be more likely, since the other was stopped.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X