This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycotting Shrek...are you doing it?

I am NOT going to see Shrek because 1) I hate Dreamworks and 2) Shrek is just a spoof on Disney. That may be racist or biased;whatever you want to call it, I am not going to see the film.

I did the same with 2.

What about you?

Re: Boycotting Shrek...are you doing it?

I have no hard feelings to the company, and I like the movie, so YES, I will see it. Not too many good family movies come out each year, so this will be one for us.

Comment

I won't see it because two films were enough. The first Shrek was really great and had some wonderful ideas and was actually funny. I ended up buying the DVD.

The second Shrek looked like more of the same. I ended up catching it on HBO and it was only so-so.

Shrek 3 again looks like more of the same. I'm not interested in it at all.

I have nothing against Dreamworks and don't care how much they spoof on Disney. Disney deserves to be made fun of just like everything else. Did you boycott the Simpsons when they did the Itchy and Scratchy Land episode?

Comment

Boycott? Why would I do that?

Comment

I love Disney, and I was fully aware at the jabs Dreamworks took at Disney (a lot of ex-Disney employees worked on the film), that having been said I really enjoyed the Shrek movies, and I see nothing wrong with them poking a little fun.

Comment

No. But I'll wait to see it until after i've seen pirates.

Comment

I won't boycott it and I thought the spoofs on disney were VERY funny.

Comment

Everything in life is a spoof or spin-off of something else. How do you watch television?
                A signature should go here.

Comment

I'm not going to see the movie, but I'm not boycotting it. I have no interest in seeing the movie because it isn't my thing, so I can't boycott something I wasn't going to see anyway.

Comment

How does it spoof Disney?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                      How does it spoof Disney?
                      the little king lives in a "disney" type atmosphere.....the queue he charges through, the castle, the song the dolls sing...OMG...to funny......oh, and I heard the little king is suppsoe to be eisner...is eisner short?

Comment

I may like Disney but I'm certainly not going to boycott a movie, or any medium, because it makes fun of it. It's not like Disney is some infallible supreme entity or something that should never be mocked for fear of eternal damnation in small world or something.

So yea, I'm seeing Shrek, and I frickin' can't wait!!

Comment

It never even occured to me to boycott on this basis, but I agree with the assessment that Shrek lost some steam with the sequel (what a shock) and I will wait for the DVD rental on Shrek 3.

By the way, folks, let's recall that Disney did not create any of the storybook characters being parodied here...they were all taken from books written by other folks.

--Barry
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                            It never even occured to me to boycott on this basis, but I agree with the assessment that Shrek lost some steam with the sequel (what a shock) and I will wait for the DVD rental on Shrek 3.

By the way, folks, let's recall that Disney did not create any of the storybook characters being parodied here...they were all taken from books written by other folks.

--Barry
                            True, but Shrek parodies the Disney versions. Once was fine, but a second time reeks of a deeper problem. A third one? HBO, or borrow the DVD. Too much else to see this summer. Some will be sacrificed.

Comment

I am NOT going to see Shrek because 1) I hate Dreamworks and 2) Shrek is just a spoof on Disney. That may be racist or biased;whatever you want to call it, I am not going to see the film.

I did the same with 2.

What about you?
                              I don't think I'll watch the movie cuz I didn't really like the other two. Is that a boycott?

and I don't think the original post is racist, seeing as how Dreamworks is not a race.
                              St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X