This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes coming to imagineering.

I spoke with WDW1974 who's 'deep undercover' in Anaheim's sub lagoon ... and he's heard that WDI is about to have some fundamental changes.

Apparently Don Goodman will be moving on to the hotels division and Tom Fitzgerald will likely be leaving. Joe Rohde will be moving up a peg on the exec ladder.

Finally, Bruce Vaughn is expected to be named chief creative officer of WDI very soon.

Al will probably have more... or WDW1974 will when he gets back.

Source: WDW1974
    Last edited by figment1986; 05-19-2007, 12:59 AM. Reason: added more information and enhanced the source

Re: Changes coming to imagineering.

Thanks for delivering the messages, Figgy ...Where to begin?

And why is everyone so silent about the changes in Glendale?

Apparently, there's some kind of gag order in effect until after the PoC: AWE premiere tonight ... but, no one gags WDW1974 so ... some further details.

For those keeping score at home:

Don Goodman is out. Still with the company, but no longer in charge to prevent the dream makers from creating amazing parks, attractions and resorts. He will take on a role with the hotel division, likely to push Disney's developmen of hotels in non-resort areas.

Bruce Vaughn is taking over as top creative dog pushing Tom Fitzgerald aside. Tom apparently will remain at WDI but as to what his job may be hasn't been determined. But he's been neutered. And will likely fade into the background as well he should.

Teflon Tony Baxter?

Unless a sub carrying Johnny Depp sunk in the lagoon tonight it appears the oldest teenager in Anaheim Hills has survived and will have a larger role in WDI than he has in years.

Craig Russell is in a new role in charge of everything EXCEPT what Bruce will have control of in creative, basically all production, project management, engineering etc ...

That means, everyone will be reporting to Bruce and Craig in the new system. There also seems to be a greater level of respect for past WDI greats ... yeah, like TB.

Can't confirm that Joe Rohde will take on more responsibility in the new hierarchy.

Oh, and in DLR news, PR head honcho Tim O'Day (also known for authoring numerous Disney books) is leaving the company to join a LA company.

Amazing what you hear while snorkeling in the sub lagoon ;-)

Gurgle ... gurgle ...

Comment

Thanks for this news guys. I heard some info on this from a reliable source a few days ago, not about the Rohde and Bxter rumors though.

Seems like this is a change for the better though, right? Even more so if the Rohde and Baxter ideas come into play (more excited about Rohde these days though.)
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Sounds like some great moves over there. I hope the glacier thaw continues...

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post

Yeah, I got this news from a little birdie earlier in the week

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
          Thanks for delivering the messages, Figgy ...Where to begin?

Because Al hasn't posted it obviously The names don't mean much to many here because it hasn't been plastered everywhere by Al relentlessly.

He will take on a role with the hotel division, likely to push Disney's developmen of hotels in non-resort areas.
          Supposedly 'Executive VP of Hotel Development'

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

Blame it on The Iger Sanction.

Apparently, there's some kind of gag order in effect until after the PoC: AWE premiere tonight ... but, no one gags WDW1974...
            OOOH! That was a deliberate set up!

"Will not take bait... will not take bait..."

For those keeping score at home:

Don Goodman is out.
            Finally! :yea:

Bruce Vaughn is taking over as top creative dog...
            MiceChatters... there's your Imagineering eye candy. Definitely.

hubba hubba :love:

... pushing Tom Fitzgerald aside.
            YES! :clap:

Teflon Tony Baxter?
            Haven't heard that moniker since Galen took the bullet for DCA. :lol:

Craig Russell is in a new role in charge of everything EXCEPT what Bruce will have control of in creative, basically all production, project management, engineering etc... That means, everyone will be reporting to Bruce and Craig in the new system.

This is like the Imagineering Dream Team! :bow:

There also seems to be a greater level of respect for past WDI greats ... yeah, like TB.
            Does this possibly mean that some former Imagineers who became collateral damage as the result of WDI politics will have the opportunity to return?

Can't confirm that Joe Rohde will take on more responsibility in the new hierarchy.
            OH PLEASE! LET THIS BE TRUE! :beg:

Oh, and in DLR news, PR head honcho Tim O'Day (also known for authoring numerous Disney books) is leaving the company to join a LA company.

Amazing what you hear while snorkeling in the sub lagoon ;-)

Gurgle ... gurgle ...

I always wondered what you'd look like with green hair.

:lol:

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

hmm i DK, this sounds WAYYYYYYYYYY to good to be true. Like the DL Purist WDI purist wet dream! Tony and RHode TOGETHER?? Tony returning to his Big Thunder-Indy " i am WDI god" phase?? One can only hope. But remeber, we still have Rasulo, Weiss.

Comment

And if Don Goodman is gone NOW, why has Disney not said this publicly??

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                  I spoke with WDW1974 who's 'deep undercover' in Anaheim's sub lagoon ... and he's heard that WDI is about to have some fundamental changes.

Apparently Don Goodman will be moving on to the hotels division and Tom Fitzgerald will likely be leaving. Joe Rohde will be moving up a peg on the exec ladder.

Finally, Bruce Vaughn is expected to be named chief creative officer of WDI very soon.

You should have kept this secret until tomorrow!

Comment

Question: Are Bruce Vaughn and Craig Russel good guys? Do they respect Disney's legacy and know what its all about or are they more of the same? Do they realize you cant just keep making cheap pixar tie ins? Will they fight for bold new creative changes at the parks? do they want the Wand down? do they want the american parks on par with Tokyo Disneysea?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I hope Eddie Sotto and the Kirks come back...at least as advisors/consultants! Those guys had mean ideas for the disney parks back in the day. and by mean I mean badass and by badass i mean AMAZING!
                    Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 05-20-2007, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Jim Hill has posted an article in regards to this subject...

A whole lot of the same information but an interesting read none the less.
                      "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Keep us apprised. Hooray for Joe Rohde! He's a whole new species of imagineer.

As far as Bruce Vaughn goes, John Lasseter is Disney's principle WDI creative, and that is not going to change.
                        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Tim O'Day left a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                            Keep us apprised. Hooray for Joe Rohde! He's a whole new species of imagineer.

As far as Bruce Vaughn goes, John Lasseter is Disney's principle WDI creative, and that is not going to change.
                            John is Principle Creative Advisor
                            He is not the head of creative in terms of the technical executive hierarchy

Seems as if I underestimated John...=)

Comment

The tide is turning...

First WDAS...now WDI...Parks & Resorts next?

"All in good time dear, all in good time" - Wicked Witch of the West
                              Last edited by tcsnwhite; 05-20-2007, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X