Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official "POTC: At World's End" Review Thread and Poll

I though we'd get started a little early talking about the film that everyone's talking about...

The movie starts showing tomorrow (Thursday) night at 8pm. Let us know what you think. Vote in the Poll. Talk crap or sing it's praise.

Are you in line already?
    5 Stars - What's Another Word for Pirate Treasure? Booty!
    43.98%
    4 Stars - A Pirates Life for Me!
    31.95%
    3 Stars - A swashbuckling good time...
    13.91%
    2 Stars - Shiver me Timbers!
    5.26%
    1 Star - Argh, that sucked.
    4.89%
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Re: Official &quot;POTC: At World's End&quot; Review Thread and Poll

Seeing it tonight at a 7:30 screening. Will the poll be waiting?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
      Seeing it tonight at a 7:30 screening. Will the poll be waiting?
      Oh Yeah! Cant wait to hear what you thought!
      "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Going at midnight with a bunch of Micechatters. Can't wait!!! :yea:
        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I don't get it... how can you guys be going tonight? The early screenings are tomorrow night...aren't they?

Comment

I'm POed enough that they're doing the 8:00 showing stuff. All the more power to Disney to make an extra buck. I don't care about it in its principle. It's the fact that midnight tickets were already on sale and people, like me, already bought them and then a week later they move the first showing to 8:00.

I'm semi-okay because I've convinced myself more teenie boppers and their hormones will be at the 8:00 showings, and the serious crowd I love and expect will be at midnight.

Anyway, I'm excited. We found a little ice cream shop that has rum ice cream that we're going to indulge in while we sit in line - because a flask is just too risky inside a mall. :lol:

I can't wait to vote.
            "But every night, when it gets dark
            and the stars come out,
            I'll look up on her behalf.
            I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
              Going at midnight with a bunch of Micechatters. Can't wait!!! :yea:
              WooHoo!! Finally I'll be online with PEOPLE!!!! (I'm always here when you guys are sleeping)
              Can't wait for reviews!

I just checked the release date for Australia, and it's starts in ONE HOUR!!!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
              Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
              Originally Posted by MWalton
              :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
                I don't get it... how can you guys be going tonight? The early screenings are tomorrow night...aren't they?
                I'm going to a studio screening tonight (Wednesday).

The film is still opening tomorrow night (Thursday 5/24) with 8PM showings.
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

how come it's out earlier here, than over there??????

Pirates Of The Caribbean:at World's End M Will Turner, Elizabeth Swann and Captain Barbossa must sail to the ends of the earth and navigate treachery, betrayal and wild waters in a desperate quest to free Captain Jack Sparrow.
                  (2hrs 48min running time)

Rating: M (Moderate violence, supernatural themes)
                  Thursday, 24 May 200710:00 11:00 12:00 13:30 14:30 15:30 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:30 21:20 Friday, 25 May 200710:00 11:00 12:00 13:30 14:30 15:30 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:30 21:20

It's currently 9.30am on Thursday the 24th. The theatre it's at is only about 10 minutes from where I live

http://www.greaterunion.com.au/cinem...=104&state=QLD
                  Last edited by tassie; 05-23-2007, 04:37 PM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                  :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I'm seeing it tomorrow at 10 pm

Comment

I haven't seen it yet, but my managers at the theatre I work at did. They didn't like it. One of them said it looked like the film was written and edited together by a drunkard.

They did say one thing that has me both curious and afraid.

Spoiler

There's a wedding during a fight scene. How they are going to pull that off, I don't know.
                      WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

I can't wait to see the movie, however, with the way the last one ended, I'm thinking I want to watch them both together, so I may wait until the DVD.... I don't know

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

I am hoping we go this weekend to see it, depends on different things. Cant wait to hear what everyone says.
                          *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                            I can't wait to see the movie, however, with the way the last one ended, I'm thinking I want to watch them both together, so I may wait until the DVD.... I don't know
                            Maybe you won't have to, my local Greater Union multiplex is doing a trilogy marathon on the June long weekend, which I am seriously contemplating attending...

Depends on how I find the movie on Friday(regular) and Saturday (Gold Class) nights...
                            Very excited! :yea:
                            Upcoming Trips:
                            Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
                              I haven't seen it yet, but my managers at the theatre I work at did. They didn't like it. One of them said it looked like the film was written and edited together by a drunkard.
                              Granted, I haven't been the biggest fan in the world of these movies, and I'm obviously out of the demographic that's desirable for the Disney folks.

Having said that, hearing that any movie lasts nearly three hours gives me pause. And from what I hear, many more convoluted story lines are being basically topped one on top of another.

Don't mean to spoil anyone's excitement. I don't think I could anyway. Let's just say that for the first two or three weekends at least you can have my space in line.

--Barry
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X