This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excitement for Ratatouille?

Is anyone excited to see Ratatouille? I can not wait for it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of advertising going on for the movie. A few posters at Disneyland, but nothing really around town. I really hope the film does well, but I have a feeling it will under-perform Cars adding to the decling box-office sales that Disney and Pixar have been having. I am beginning to rally the troops. JUNE 29th PEOPLE! Maybe I am just worrying too much. But you never know because it will be in the middle of summer at June 29th and it will be a fresh, new, family movie that I am sure will have good reviews. Your opinions???

Re: Excitement for Ratatouille?

I'm looking forward to it...especially since I saw the new trailer today at the El Capitan in Hollywood, gives you more of an idea of the story line. Looks like a really fun movie!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I've been wanting to see this since the first trailer we saw last year in front of POTC2 or something else at the El Capitan.

We already have our opening night tickets for the El Capitan.

Comment

Quite frankly I'm more excited about this than I have been about POTC 3 (I know I'm swimming upstream right now on that one). It looks like it'll be a very clever animated film.

But with the hype machine still on overdrive for "At World's End", and with the "Rat" opening still a month away, it seems a bit early to expect much more than what we've seen.

Then at DL anyway there's the Pirate Lair and Nemo factor...

In a couple of weeks, I'm sure you'll be hearing more about "Rat" and less about Johnny.

I for one am really looking forward to "Ratatouille".

--Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Good to hear...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
            I am beginning to rally the troops. JUNE 29th PEOPLE!
            Nor Cal MCers plan a meet and movie veiwing on the 30th. I am looking forward to the movie. Maybe Nor Cal MCers can become the 'Pixar People' being up here and all.....
            -----------------------------------------------
            DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Just saw the trailer for the first time, it seems like a really cute idea and could be really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
                Nor Cal MCers plan a meet and movie veiwing on the 30th. I am looking forward to the movie. Maybe Nor Cal MCers can become the 'Pixar People' being up here and all.....
                I am planing on driving 4 hours to have dinner and see this movie, my thinks I am nuts!
                THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

I actually hadn't seen a trailer for it until last night. It looks adorable! I can't wait to see it. We're planning on seeing it at the El Capitan, because I love seeing movies there.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

I'm also looking forward to it, despite my feelings towards Cars. Perhaps one of the reasons I didn't warm to that movie was because I didn't care for the character designs. I like Ratatouille already, so no problems there.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

Comment

I can not wait to see it
                      :crazylegs

Comment

I can't wait to see it. The previews look real cute. There are tons of children's books at the bookstore to look at. It's getting me psyched!

Comment

Since I'm something of a 'foodie' I'm totally stoked.

Think of it. A movie about food and it's by Disney.

What more can I ask for?

The drawback is that I'm thinking the public at large is not going to warmly embrace the film. This is only my opinion, mind you, but in a nation where chain restaurants blossom hourly (you want Chili's or Applebee's today?) I wonder about the general audience to accept a tale about a rat and cooking.

But this is Disney, thankfully, and they do have that wonderful way of bringing a diverse audience to the table (heck, look at us!).

At this time, I'm planning on going to the local French restaurant and then heading over to see it. If you care to join, just let us know!

peace,
                          Roo
                          husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I'm super excited for Ratatouille!!

I love Pixar = and from all the clips I've seen of this so far, the animation in this looks beyond beautiful, I love the way that everything (Remy especially) moves, and how detailed everything is. I just watched a clip this morning about how figured out how to create the animated cooking and food so that it'd look real. That's so impressive, IMO.

And I think it looks adorable - Remy the rat is SO cute, and I love his sort of offbeat looking friendship with the boy he's controlling (Remy moving his body by pulling his hair is so funny, too.)

Comment

Don't mean to be the party poopa but..........

I don't feel that interested in the film. And I have the sneaky suspicion that it won't do that good as the other pixar films.

I'm sorry but the only rat that I like is Rito, from the muppets.

"HEY HEY HEY HEY, LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!!!" <from Muppets Christmas Carol> :lmao:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X