Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Disney plans to invest US$80 million on a new animation based on a chinese love story (one of the 4 great classical novels in China), A Dream of the Red Chamber (or A Dream of the Red Mansion). It would be a 2nd animation based on chinese story after "MULAN".

Source: epochtimes

Re: Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Disney plans to invest US$80 million on a new animation based on a chinese love story (one of the 4 great classical novels in China), A Dream of the Red Chamber (or A Dream of the Red Mansion). It would be a 2nd animation based on chinese story after "MULAN".

Source: epochtimes

I hope it does well. I loved Mulan. It still had some vibrant color and its songs were great. Mulan even made it into Kingdom Hearts 2.

Comment

Re: Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

"Investing"... is that different from Disney making it themselves? And will it get an english release? I would hate if a really well-done animated film weren't released here for fear of lack of interest on behalf of the general public. Maybe a limited or DVD-only release, like they did with Miyazaki's films?

Comment

Dream of the Red Chamber

Volumes I - III

Chapters 1 - 120

Sounds like a very long story. No wonder it's taking 80mil or perhaps they are just picking a story with a few built in sequels.
        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X