Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Disney plans to invest US$80 million on a new animation based on a chinese love story (one of the 4 great classical novels in China), A Dream of the Red Chamber (or A Dream of the Red Mansion). It would be a 2nd animation based on chinese story after "MULAN".

Source: epochtimes

Re: Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Disney plans to invest US$80 million on a new animation based on a chinese love story (one of the 4 great classical novels in China), A Dream of the Red Chamber (or A Dream of the Red Mansion). It would be a 2nd animation based on chinese story after "MULAN".

Source: epochtimes

I hope it does well. I loved Mulan. It still had some vibrant color and its songs were great. Mulan even made it into Kingdom Hearts 2.

Comment

Re: Disney plans to invest US$80 million on new animation based on Chinese Love Story

"Investing"... is that different from Disney making it themselves? And will it get an english release? I would hate if a really well-done animated film weren't released here for fear of lack of interest on behalf of the general public. Maybe a limited or DVD-only release, like they did with Miyazaki's films?

Comment

Dream of the Red Chamber

Volumes I - III

Chapters 1 - 120

Sounds like a very long story. No wonder it's taking 80mil or perhaps they are just picking a story with a few built in sequels.
        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X