This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underdog: The Movie

Ok I have to admit I am having a little trouble digesting this one. Are there any expectations at all for this flick?

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/underdog/

Re: Underdog: The Movie

I expect the 9 year olds will love it.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I really am not a fan of movies starring real animals that talk. It never looks realistic and often aren't that good.
      I'm not expecting any more from this one

Comment

Why? Oh Dear Lord WHY?:bang:

Comment

When I first found out that Disney was doing Underdog (from seeing the "coming soon" on the El Capitan site), I was skeptical. Then I found out it was live action, which made me wonder, what the heck? We saw the trailer in front of POTC3 at the El Capitan. Part of it seems funny. Part of it seems stupid. So I won't be rushing to see it, but I'm not 100% dead set against seeing it. If we happen to have the time, we might go. But then, I saw Garfield, and I *hated* that.

Comment

I simply have one word:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo!!!!!!!!!

(And yes, vegetables being thrown do NOT count as a word!)

Comment

I'm not thrilled about this movie. Looks like it's going to gut what Underdog has been.
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

THis film makes me want to cough up a hairball.

From the previews I've seen, it doesn't seem to capture the essence of the classic Underdog cartoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                  I really am not a fan of movies starring real animals that talk. It never looks realistic and often aren't that good.
                  I'm not expecting any more from this one
                  I'm not a fan of real animals that talk either. The exception to that rule is the Stuart Little films, which I like.

Mayor Lurkey rocks!

Comment

But it's Jason Lee!!! There for it is slightly made of win.

I dunno, it's either going to be really cool or suck hard core (I find myself saying that a lot about movies this year : Simpsons, Transformers, etc)

Comment

I think this movie looks SUPER cute, and like it'll be a fun, family film to take my cousins to later this summer. That dog is adorable. I thought the trailer was pretty funny, actually. And I think Jason Lee is a good choice for the voice, too.

I dunno, I watched some of the cartoon version of Underdog on YouTube, and I have to say that I'm not very opposed to them making some changes to things...some of the original cartoon was pretty campy, more so than I remembered it, so I won't mind if this version tones it down some. As long as it gets the spirit of things right - which I think it will, judging from the trailers, then I'll be happy.

Comment

If you want to see what's in store for you potential Underdog fans, the Trailer is available here http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/.../trailers.html

Comment

My dad is a huge Underdog fan. I think it's best if I don't tell him about it. He will either have a heart attack, or worse, lecture me for hours about how things were just better 'back then'.

:sleep:
                          "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

I saw a little preview online a few months back....

Yawn.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Ok, I just seen the trailer. I admit I was never a fan of the show, I only watched it when there were no other cartoon showing, but I seem remember that Underdog didn't have a master. In fact, he was self employed as a shoe shine boy, and Polly was a reporter. I also notice there alot of humans around, I remember only one and he ws the villian. So this begs the question, why bother with it if you are going totally change it and especially with an obscure cartoon such as Underdog?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X