X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourists abducted, Robbed at Downtown Disney

Tourists abducted, Robbed at Downtown Disney
    June 11, 2007Two tourists abducted, robbed at Downtown Disney.
    More on the Story: Orlando Sentinel.

Re: Tourists abducted, Robbed at Downtown Disney

thats scary!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

You know, I used to want to make at least one trip to WDW, but now I'm not so sure. So much has happened in the last few weeks that I think I will just stick to Disneyland!

Comment

Police in Conneticut have already called the police in Florida and said they think there is more to the story. Might be these people are known to their local police and they are not buying the "I'm an innocent victom" bit. They could be con artists, or I think more likely put themselves in a situation that might have led to the robbery/assault. There is way to much security to make this area a good hunting ground, International Drive is a much better area if you want to commit this sort of crime. I'm guessing they were buying drugs and once they were away from Disney property the thugs took the opportunity to, well make some extra profit. They might even have had the idea these people wouldnt report the crime since they may have been breakng the law themselves. Lets see what comes of this.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Diva View Post
          You know, I used to want to make at least one trip to WDW, but now I'm not so sure. So much has happened in the last few weeks that I think I will just stick to Disneyland!

I will be making my 19th trip to Walt Disney World this October. I have never seen nor been a part of anything violent while I was at the parks or in surrounding areas. I always stay out late, too. With the amount of people that visit, there is bound to be some weird stuff like this.

WDW is safe!
          - Larisa

Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC

:ap:

Comment

Originally posted by Risa View Post
            I will be making my 19th trip to Walt Disney World this October. I have never seen nor been a part of anything violent while I was at the parks or in surrounding areas. I always stay out late, too. With the amount of people that visit, there is bound to be some weird stuff like this.

WDW is safe!
            Exactly! When one considers just how many people are on Disney Property at any given time it is amazing that so little crime does occur.

I'd bet that unless you live in a gated community, a visit to WDW is probably safer than staying home
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Diva View Post
              Sadly sometimes bad things happen. But that is everywhere. DL as well as WDW attract their share of freaks there to prey on the Tourists. Just stay where there is people, well lit areas, and always have someone know where you are, and all will be ok.
              -----------------------------------------------
              DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by svickersart View Post
                Police in Conneticut have already called the police in Florida and said they think there is more to the story. Might be these people are known to their local police and they are not buying the "I'm an innocent victom" bit. They could be con artists, or I think more likely put themselves in a situation that might have led to the robbery/assault. There is way to much security to make this area a good hunting ground, International Drive is a much better area if you want to commit this sort of crime. I'm guessing they were buying drugs and once they were away from Disney property the thugs took the opportunity to, well make some extra profit. They might even have had the idea these people wouldnt report the crime since they may have been breakng the law themselves. Lets see what comes of this.
                Steve

Ahhh, nothing like taking advantage of the kindness of people. Strange though I hope that this isn't the case. Both situations suck immensely.

Comment

This is certainly not a random occurance.
                  Taken from the original thread:
                  Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                  From what I have been able to compile from the article and from what I have read on other sites, this may have been an unsuccesful drug deal (at least for the victims).

However, I can be wrong of course. I happen to be a very suspicious and scrutinizing person and I like to examine all the facts before I sympathize with a side.
                  Apparentally, another news site is reporting what I posted.
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                  Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

It is also important to take note that Downtown Disney is one area on Disney property that you can get into with OUT going through any security checks.

Comment

I don't even take my debit/bank card on vacation with me!!
                      I take my Disney Visa and my driver's license, and that's it!
                      Everything else stays at home.
                      It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Comment

Originally posted by Risa View Post
                        I have never seen nor been a part of anything violent while I was at the parks or in surrounding areas.
                        Violence is much worse at Disneyland..... we have AP soft-opening previews of attractions, after all.
                        I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                        sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X